Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tman08

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
I remember seeing posts where people kept complaining that their macbook pro wouldn't wake up from sleep and istat08 caused it. Has a patch or something come out to fix that or is it still causing problems?

mbrydone

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2008
i've never had any issues with i Stat pro...but i've never heard any complaints either

Twe Foju

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2007
Jakarta
same here, ive been using istat Pro ever since i own my MBP

never had any problem, and i even think istat pro is better than nano

amoda

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2006
I have the issue you're talking about. It happens only with the iStat Pro widget, but not iStat Menu. For those of you who don't know, seems like a bunch of you don't, it's been causing some sleep issues for some people.

So when I put my MBP to sleep it would take about 2mins to wake up again. Remove iStat and voila speedy wake up, install and 2min sleep again, uninstall and voila.

Edit: I tried the latest iStat Pro a few days ago and it still had the issue. Using Mac OS X 10.5.2.

UltraNEO*

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2007
近畿日本
I remember seeing posts where people kept complaining that their macbook pro wouldn't wake up from sleep and istat08 caused it. Has a patch or something come out to fix that or is it still causing problems?

i have iStatsPro.widget on my work machine...
Not had a single problem.

Though...
I had more problems with Apple's own Mighty Mouse!! :eek:
Ball stuck again! :mad:

Osarkon

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2006
Wales
I use the iStat widget every day and it causes no problems for me on Leopard.

Give it a shot and see what happens. The worst that can happen is that you have to uninstall it afterall.

Joko

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2008
Works perfect in my opinion. iStat Menu is great if you want to monitor certain activity without opening widgets.

amoda

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2006
Hey!

Some good news!

Check this link

It seems that iSlayer has finally figured out what's wrong (go to page 3) and should be releasing a updated version soon!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.