is it safe to put cydia in a categories folder?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Che Castro, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Che Castro macrumors 603

and how about these here, will it cause any problems putting them in a Categories folder

backgrounder
    makeitmine
    iProtect
    iFile

cause I just put makeitmine in a categories folder and it crashes, when i open it

btw Categories is an app from cydia

2. Chizzled macrumors member

I have put Cydia and others in Categories and never had any problems. Just be sure that if you are going to do a restore, that you take everything out of Categories before you do a backup. Otherwise, when you restore from that backup, none of the apps that you Categorized will show up on homescreen.

Hope that made sense.

3. Che Castro thread starter macrumors 603

how about putting the actual categories app inside a folder is that a bad idea?

4. Jinkst macrumors regular

I've got Categories inside a folder I made with the application and it works fine. Categories crashes every now and then anyway for me but there definately hasn't been an increase in crashes since doing so, so I wouldn't imagine you'd have a problem.

5. Che Castro thread starter macrumors 603

6. ericksgotmac macrumors regular

The only programs that I have ever had problems with are Settings and iTunes. I couldn't add the IPCC file from help.benm.at because the Settings app was in a folder, I'm not sure if iTunes app had anything to with some other problems I had but as soon as I removed it from the folder it cleared right up. A little combo I like to do is make 4 folders labeled as Games, Tools, Misc, and Media, install 5 icon dock, and install Stacks. That way I can keep my apps on one screen, have folders for my rarely used apps or huge collection of games and still not have to do the annoying screen changing that sometimes runs a app or goes to the mode where I can delete a app.

7. Che Castro thread starter macrumors 603

why doesnt the ipod icon show in categories?

I want to put it in a folder

8. Roosterfosho macrumors member

Not sure I don't see why not, I just looked in my categories folder and it lets me put it in.