Is it safe to say Apple's "winning"?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Quinoky, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Quinoky, Dec 17, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2011

Quinoky macrumors regular

Quinoky

I've used all iPhones since the very beginning with the iPhone 2G, and have always been running a jailbreak since then. I couldn't live without it for a long time. However, since I have my iPhone 4, I've been running it without a jailbreak for a very long time since often there were only tethered jailbreaks available. Now, after a very long time away from the jailbreaking scene, I decided to look for it once again, only to find that there are still no full untethered jailbreaks. I don't rely on a jailbreak as much as I did and I very much appreciate the work of the Dev-team, but man, Apple's improved on its security, haven't they?

Is it therefore safe to say that Apple's "winning the jailbreak battle"?

Edit: Apparently I wrongly formulated my post, rectification here.

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

You can say whatever you wish, doesn't make it accurate.

There has been an untethered jailbreak for the iPhone4 since 5 weeks after it was released.

You didn't say what firmware you have on your phone, but if you don't have access to an untethered jailbreak then it is due to the timing of when you purchased your phone (after 4.3.4 firmware was released and all new iPhone4's were sold with it).

So you are simply a late comer to the iPhone4 party and missed the untether train.

Don't worry, it will come around again.

3. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Comex and geohot are out, so they are down on genius developers from last year. And yea, iOS 5 and the A5 are harder to jailbreak. I wouldn't say Apple has won, but they have an edge this round.

4. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Apple has won. The forum will be closed by the end of the week. Sorry for the inconvenience.

5. agentmikeyd macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (iPhone; Opera Mini/6.5.1.23995/26.1305; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/10.54)

Apple has won the untethered jailbreak battle. Hiring Comex probably helped

6. TC25 macrumors 68020

When will you be leaving the iPhone Hacks forum?

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

8. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

And I wish we could get a pledge from these naysayers to leave the forum when the untethered is released ! :D

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Lol :D
    That wont happen, they will just continue using the devs free tools and sit there and complain next time they "accidentally" update their iphone and are stuck with no unlock or JB again.
    What is taking so long and the usual you know.

10. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

It has always bothered me that a certain percentage of people stand in the back and throw complaints and insults (anonymity of the Internet) but are the first ones forward to grab the newest tools.

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Exactly.
    Some people are ungreatfull and feel they are entitled to other peoples volunteer work for free.

12. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

So true !

13. labman macrumors 604

labman

My least favorites are the ones that are the ones that poke in here when it's time to sell hoping to jb and ul. So they try to squeeze a few more dollars out of folks. they have never giving a crap about jb/ul's before. Want us to happily make them experts overnight.

14. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

That is so true :D. Also, once new IOS update comes out, lot of people come in here giving excuses that they have accidentally update their phone firmware and need help with jailbreak/unlock.

15. malias4 macrumors 6502a

malias4

i dont think :apple: wins, o got shsh for 4.0 4.1 4.3.3 etc so i win and im on 5.o for 3 weeks now with tethered and so far no problem, those with 4s ok they have to be sad !

16. labman macrumors 604

labman

those are some of my favorites like the guy that said his housekeeper upgraded it.. I think there was even a my dog did it.. god knows how many girlfriends/wife's and sisters. I don't recall husband's or brothers though we need a the butler did it next.

17. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

when the OS5 came out a while back, one of my friend blamed on his 8 year son updating his phone to OS5. Therefore, he lost his unlock because the baseband has upgraded to 04.11 as well. I just laugh...

18. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Oh yeah, I love those too.
    They never JB or unlocked before, no clue about anything or what shsh blobs or even the basics.
    They're on the latest firmware and they want to JB untethered and unlock:D
    lol

19. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Best I ever saw was some guy's girlfriend was mad at him so she updated his iPhone4 with 1.59.xx baseband

What a way to win an arguement.

20. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

LMAO:D
    Nice, what a witch:D

21. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Check this out...... :D exactly what you are talking about.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1293354

22. labman macrumors 604

labman

23. takeshi74 macrumors 601

I see no evidence of tiger blood, so no.

24. TC25 macrumors 68020

25. Quinoky, Dec 18, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2011

Quinoky thread starter macrumors regular

Quinoky

It was never my intention to be ungrateful, maybe I haven't made myself clear. I think the best way to explain what I was trying to say, is that in the past, full jailbreaks were mostly available very soon after an iOS update. I just think Apple has improved on its security in a way that they are countering jailbreaking quite significantly, especially compared to before.

I'm definitely not saying that I hate the Dev team for "not giving me an untethered jailbreak" (to put it very plain). Again, I very much appreciate what they do and how they do it. I definitely support their cause and I hope they do continue doing so for a very long time. It is just that like I said, Apple seems to be able to counter jailbreaking a lot more effectively than they have done in the past.

I'm very curious as to how this trend will develop in the future and I was trying to create a discussion about this. Unfortunately my post was interpreted in the wrong way, for which I apologize.