Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Hello, I read that some older devices have problems with the latest update. How about the iPhone 6s+? Is it advisable to update iOS now?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Some older devices ran into issues with activation, but that has been addressed in a new build that was recently released.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
I recall reading a post that Apple intentionally slows down the phones a bit at each upgrade so that we continue to buy new phones from them. Is this really true?

oldmacs

macrumors 601
Sep 14, 2010
Australia
I recall reading a post that Apple intentionally slows down the phones a bit at each upgrade so that we continue to buy new phones from them. Is this really true?

Most probably not intentionally, but as new software is designed for newer hardware, it slows down gradually on older devices, but this has been getting better. My iPhone 5 feels a lot newer on iOS 9 (its 3rd major update) than my 3GS felt on iOS 6 ( its 3rd major update). I personally think Apple could optimise iOS better for older devices, but I doubt they have the resources for that.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
No, it's not really true.

iOSUser7

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2014
If you have an iPhone 6S Plus so it must be on iOS 9. Whatever version of iOS 9 you are running, you should upgrade to iOS 9.3, it's night and day difference (huge amount of bugs fixed, new features and really improved smoothness) compared to any other version (9.0-9.2.1).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.