is it safe to upgrade to itunes 7.6?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by AGold, Feb 11, 2008.

1. AGold macrumors newbie

I've searched quite a bit in this forum and couldn't find a straight answer:
    I have a jailbroken ipod touch with firmware 1.1.2.
    Is there any reason to not upgrade to itunes 7.6? I've been holding off thinking that I might need 7.5 later (like to upgrade to 1.1.3 or something), but now that there is a leopard update, I'd like to update everything on my powerbook. I obviously use itunes to sync my music, podcasts, videos, contacts, calendar, etc...
    Thanks,
    AG

2. caa4444 macrumors member

Its safe if u use Oktoprep then after upgrade to 1.1.2 go to touchfree and choose boot from recovery then jailbreak

3. AGold thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the response. I already have a jailbroken ipod touch with 1.1.2... I was just wondering if there would be a problem syncing to it with the updated itunes 7.6.

I'm guessing there shouldn't be any problem updating itunes as long as I don't update the firmware to 1.1.3.

Right?

Thanks.

4. grandeabc macrumors member

grandeabc

Uhmm, what I know untill now is that if you upgrade iTunes for 7.6 you will have troubles if you need to restore you Touch. To restore the Touch (for later jailbrake it) you will need iTunes 7.5, as I know.

5. caa4444 macrumors member

Unless u use Nate Trues method there wont be any trouble with syncing after JB 1.1.3

6. AGold thread starter macrumors newbie

Awesome. Thanks!