Is it safe to use my dock connector?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by nicoleube, Apr 24, 2010.

1. nicoleube macrumors newbie

I attempted the rice trick for my liquid submerged phone and to check if it works, I would try to charge it. I finally gave up and went to the genius bar and said it's corroded especially at the bottom port. So, I got only a refurb iphone. Good as new.

My question is, is it possible if I use my old dock connector with my refurb phone without worrying about corrosion? Thanks for the help!

2. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

dock connector? that is an internal piece on the phone. if you are talking about an external doc that you set the phone into to charge or listen to music then yes you should be ok unless it got wet also but it is not going to hurt your iPhone unless it is still wet. you may have corrosion on the doc plug but its not going to infect the new iPhone unless it is still wet like I said.

3. nicoleube thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh, yes I meant the external dock connector. Sorry about that! But thank you for the help! :)

4. Mikeyklander macrumors newbie

I actually had that same question. As a new user to the site, I stumbled upon this answer. Thank you so much!