iPhone Is it safe to use this jailbreak method to not re-sign every 7 days?

bbrks

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2013
Its from a very reliable source, so I would say yes. And, BTW, you don't have to re-sign every 7 days...only if after 7 days you reboot your phone.

hgrimberg

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
Ok, the source is ok but then they tell you to use a tool called 3utool which is a Chinese program you have to install on your computer and that sounds scary.

ross1998

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2013
Saurik is working on a tool so that you won't "ever have to use cydia impactor after the first time". I would wait for his tool.

StuMcBill

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2011
Aberdeen, Scotland
If you ever need to resign, just set your date back to the day after you originally signed, reboot, run Yalu, jailbreak, set date back to normal, profit.

hgrimberg

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
If you ever need to resign, just set your date back to the day after you originally signed, reboot, run Yalu, jailbreak, set date back to normal, profit.
You mean to do this every 7 days? Originally signed when? Last 7 days?

StuMcBill

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2011
Aberdeen, Scotland
You mean to do this every 7 days? Originally signed when? Last 7 days?
I originally signed Yalu on Thursday 16th Feb, I had to reboot my device last week, and Yalu wouldn't work (past 7 days since I last signed it), I set my date on my iPad to Friday 17th Feb, rebooted and Yalu ran with no problems, jailbroke my device and I then set the date back to normal.

hgrimberg

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
I originally signed Yalu on Thursday 16th Feb, I had to reboot my device last week, and Yalu wouldn't work (past 7 days since I last signed it), I set my date on my iPad to Friday 17th Feb, rebooted and Yalu ran with no problems, jailbroke my device and I then set the date back to normal.
And then your jailbreak will never expire?

SoYoung

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2015
On my 6s+ the profile is automatically deleted after 7 days for me so I don't think this method would work for me.

spinedoc77

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2009
I know you say not to reboot, but sometimes it's inevitable, especially if something crashes. Definitely appreciate the tip though, it's nice to have something you can execute in the field if you don't have a PC on you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.