Is it stealing too........

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pattman247, Jan 4, 2008.

1. pattman247 macrumors regular

If I purchased a pair of Sennheiser Px100, three to be exact, all popped after months of usage, is it wrong to go to a store such as say...the apple store and buy another pair, then take that pair and swap it with your minimum popped headphones, and then get a refund, is that stealing, because in my opinion it is more like "swapping". Since I payed full price three times and the product became faulty, what's wrong with switching them with a good equal pair of headphones, same brand..etc.
    Its not my fault the product got wrecked, and plus I dont want to go through the whole warranty business because they dont support popped headphones. Companies screw over customers all the time threw rebates and restocking fees, plus they don't loose any money at all, then why not.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

A few months sounds way short of a 1 year limited warranty.

I'd try that before fraud.

You tried the warranty, right? Before buying three, right?

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

It's not the Apple Store's fault either. Yes, that is stealing.

4. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

5. heatmiser macrumors 68020

You sound like a kid trying to justify walking out of a gas station with a pocketful of candy. Why ask us? Regardless of what we tell you, you know what you're doing. If you're going to be dishonest with others (corporations, people, etc), at least try to remain honest with yourself.

6. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

if you've had three blown why on earth would you want a FOURTH pair?

7. pattman247 thread starter macrumors regular

Well I might not have been clear enough. The pair that I currently have is still in pristine condition, but I am very picky about sound quality, thats why i bought the px100 :D Plus I am giving that one away to get the new pair.
    That store screwed me enough by their free ipod promotion, which the sales clerk clearly tried to avoid from me knowing about.
    The first pair I popped myself but that happened after a year, so the warranty expired. The second came popped :( so i returned it. And this one popped after only months. I am surprised because I hear nothing but great reviews for the px100, but yet every pair I had broke after short periods of time.

reply to squeeks: Research the Px100s and you'll know why, they are just perfect sound and comfort, plus I can't afford anything greater. If anyone can mention a greater pair for the price that would be great ;)

8. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

That still doesn't justify stealing from them. I'm offering to close this thread now if you like, before your balls get torn off for even mentioning the notion of stealing from the hallowed halls of Apple.

9. heatmiser macrumors 68020

I mean, I'll criticize Apple more than most folks here, but they don't have anything to do with your broken headphones, dude. And the iPod promotion? Again, nothing to do with what we're talking about. You're grasping at straws in an attempt to justify doing something your conscience doesn't want you to do. Why go to all this trouble? If you've got a problem, it's with those damn cheap headphones and the company that makes them. Leave 3rd parties (Apple, Best Buy, whatever) out of it. It's like picking a stranger's pocket because a cashier ripped you off; what good does it do?

10. pattman247 thread starter macrumors regular

k thats for all the replies, I have found my answer.
    Even if I switch with my headphones it is still stealing, I just came onto this site to see other people's opinions, and they all feel the same way as me.
    Thanks for all the help.
    And for people that are still asking, I won't go along with it ;) I just wasn't sure if this situation would be justified as stealing to some.

11. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

OK, you asked for the opinion. Yes it's stealing to substitute a broken product for a new one and return it.

Do the warranty procedure or shut up about it.