Is it still possible to claim the Final Cut Studio to Universal Binary version?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Ibanez Strummer, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Ibanez Strummer macrumors member

Hi,

I have the opportunity to buy the original final cut studio that was only native to powerpc processors. After Apple released the universal binary upgrade (5.1 i think..) you could upgrade your disks for a small-ish charge with apple. I was wondering if this was still possible so I could run the original studio natively on my intel mac. I'm guessing they may have had some form of time limit.

Thanks for the help and sorry if this has been brought up before. I did try a few quick searches but didn't see anything.

Jamie

2. Ibanez Strummer thread starter macrumors member

Sorry that should be upgrade not version in the title.....Not too sure how to change!

3. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

I think you should call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE. They should be able to help you.:)

David

4. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

The 5.1 upgrade is long (years) over. The upgrade from FCS1 is $499 so if you can get FCS1 for less than $800 it going that route would be cheaper than buying FCS2 new.

Lethal

5. Ibanez Strummer thread starter macrumors member

Ok thanks for the help. I'll look into that upgrade route for FCS2. As I probably wouldn't be able to upgrade straight away due to financial reasons, how slow would the original FCS actually be under rosetta? Is there a huge difference or is it bearable for relatively light use?