Is it still possible to obtain Lion?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Pandalorian, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Pandalorian macrumors member

Hi everyone, I recently got an old 2007 MBP from a friend since he got a new retina model. It's the model with 2.16 GHz on a Core 2 Duo and 1 gig of ram. It's running snow leopard, which is nice, but really doesn't suit my uses based on how much of my data is stored on iCloud. I'm aware that the machine is capable of running Lion, but it's practically unobtainable. Any ideas on getting my data on the computer/some magical way to get lion on the MBP?

2. triptolemus macrumors 6502

triptolemus

3. w0lf macrumors 65816

w0lf

4. HenryAZ macrumors 6502

HenryAZ

If you don't have Lion previously purchased from the MAS, you'll have to contact Apple. I have it previously purchased, and was able to download the 10.7.5 installer from the MAS just last week to a Snow Leapord-booted disk.

I have a similar vintage MBP (2.33, Core 2 Duo, but with 3GB RAM). Lion runs acceptably, but I have doubts how well it would run with only 1GB of RAM. The RAM is pretty easy to upgrade on that.

5. Pandalorian thread starter macrumors member

I do have Lion purchased on the MAS. It doesn't appear in my purchase history, though... How do I get it?

6. HenryAZ macrumors 6502

HenryAZ

Did you hide it at some point? Mine has been there since the day I bought it, in July 2011.

To see if you hid it, click on the Account link and log into your account in MAS, then select "View Hidden Purchases".

If you can get it back, hold down the Option key when you select it for download.

7. benwiggy macrumors 68020

Legend has it that if you contact Apple, they can provide a code to reveal it in the MAS. Not sure if this is before or after payment.

If you have bought it in the Store, it should still be there somewhere.