Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

///M Powah

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2012
Hawaii, US
??Huh?? You think those links of dogs and cats skinned and trashed above are fake?!?!

I see the type of person I am talking with. Good luck dude.
Those are not reliable resources to be considered to be genuine.

For example,this band is $20.01.
61arSqDjkcL._SL1020_.jpg

WarHeadz

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2015
Long Beach, California
I don't care what anyone buys. I care when people say that things are well-made are without value. And I didn't resort to name calling. Saying you're an ignoramous baboon would be name calling.
I didn't say they were without value, I said they weren't worth the value Apple assigns to them. $150 is overpriced for a quality leather band any way you slice it. And $500 for stainless steel? That's laughable.

///M Powah

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2012
Hawaii, US
I didn't say they were without value, I said they weren't worth the value Apple assigns to them. $150 is overpriced for a quality leather band any way you slice it. And $500 for stainless steel? That's laughable.
The biggest problem is that the bands are not designer bands, which is way too overpriced what Apple is charging for those bands.

Thai

Suspended
Feb 2, 2016
Colorado
The biggest problem is that the bands are not designer bands, which is way too overpriced what Apple is charging for those bands.

What is "designer bands" to you? You can get Hermes for $340 on the low end.
[doublepost=1462676686][/doublepost]
Those are not reliable resources to be considered to be genuine.

For example,this band is $20.01.
61arSqDjkcL._SL1020_.jpg

Oh yeah, those links are fakes!! Those skinned dogs and cats in a pile are really just stuff animals from Build-a-Bear! LOL. Are you kidding me?! Get a clue dude.

///M Powah

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2012
Hawaii, US
What is "designer bands" to you? You can get Hermes for $340 on the low end.
[doublepost=1462676686][/doublepost]

Oh yeah, those links are fakes!! Those skinned dogs and cats in a pile are really just stuff animals from Build-a-Bear! LOL. Are you kidding me?! Get a clue dude.
What do you mean fake? The pictures are exactly as described from the reviews. It's you that you don't have a clue of what you're talking about.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B013I1DXWE/ref=twister_B013I1DXME?tag=macrumors-20&_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Thai

Suspended
Feb 2, 2016
Colorado
What do you mean fake? The pictures are exactly as described from the reviews. It's you that you don't have a clue of what you're talking about.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B013I1DXWE/ref=twister_B013I1DXME?tag=macrumors-20&_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I don't think that we're on the same page. You're all over the place. I don't think that you understood what I was referring to...despite me quoting you appropriately.

But, regarding your Amazon link...did you even read the description?! Someone who cannot bother to write half decent English to sell a product on Amazon aimed at Americans is not someone I can trust. Sorry.

Like I said, if you believe that your $20 leather from China is as good as Apple's, then so be it. But, don't expect most others to be as naive.

BTW, your Hermes-lookalike that you posted above...I have one of those...and let's just say that it is NOT cowhide leather!!!!

///M Powah

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2012
Hawaii, US
I don't think that we're on the same page. You're all over the place. I don't think that you understood what I was referring to...despite me quoting you appropriately.

But, regarding your Amazon link...did you even read the description?! Someone who cannot bother to write half decent English to sell a product on Amazon aimed at Americans is not someone I can trust. Sorry.

Like I said, if you believe that your $20 leather from China is as good as Apple's, then so be it. But, don't expect most others to be as naive.

BTW, your Hermes-lookalike that you posted above...I have one of those...and let's just say that it is NOT cowhide leather!!!!
Did you even read the reviews before posting? I hate the the fact that your ignorance towards Chinese leather bands are made out of from dogs or cats.

Last edited:

mhoutman

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2016
I did. Seems to me the person who bought them gave a positive review.

I also saw your comments afterwards.

Sorry I was absent for a long time but I was the thread starter of https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...leather-strap-for-apple-watch-thread.1955400/

To be honest I am back to my Apple bands. I had three P&Q Classic band rev 1 bands but they ware all too short and I gave them away. The Nomad is gone too as at the end I did not like the large buckle.

So back to my Hermès band and Apple Classic black and saddle brown band (both rev 2). FYI I used the P&Q also during last summer and they behaved like "real" leather as sweat was absorbed. For some reason the Apple bands seem to be treated to have less sweat-absorption. Feels a but unnatural but the bands are so good, well...they lack smell of leather.

Last week I ordered an AW Series 2 in space black with rubber band. Also added a Apple black nylon band. Will take some weeks to have it on my wrist though. So soon I will have the best of both worlds: a Hermès edition with leather bands and a Series 2 with more sportive bands.... waterproof too :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Thai

Hevelius

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2013
Why pay Apple prices when you can get high quality bands for less? All of these bands are 3rd party high quality bands, and I have no issues with them at all.

mZM0kVs.jpg

Close view

hInjYzo.jpg

zszrJOc.jpg

My next bands on the list. :)

Is the white cuff band in the picture the same make as the one in your shopping cart?

What's your opinion on the quality? I'm really interested in getting a wide body band (30mm+ vs 22) for my AW if possible. So far I haven't come across any.

///M Powah

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2012
Hawaii, US
Is the white cuff band in the picture the same make as the one in your shopping cart?

What's your opinion on the quality? I'm really interested in getting a wide body band (30mm+ vs 22) for my AW if possible. So far I haven't come across any.
Yes, it is. They are both the same brand and the quality is phenomenal! I highly recommend it. :)

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
I got a SS 42mm on launch in 2015. I got it with the White Sport Band because it was the quickest to ship. I also bought a Bright Blue leather loop. Since then I have bought:

Product Red Sport Band
Walnut Sport Band
Midnight Blue Sport Band
Royal Blue Nylon
Pearl Nylon
Black Nylon

I bought some knockoff leather loops and they were horrific. Connectors were naff, felt like plastic rather than leather. Terrible. So now I stick to Apple bands, with the exception of the Moko Milanese that I bought yesterday. That's good quality.

I'd rather buy from Apple, buy pre-owned Apple bands from CEX or eBay, or not get the band.

I didn't pay £500+ for a watch to ruin it with a cheap band. I wouldn't put cheap tyres on my Ferrari.

barjam

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2010
I have tried all sorts of third party bands. Without exception they were all complete and utter garbage. Someone referenced the lnko888 bands? Seriously? Complete crap.
[doublepost=1475532150][/doublepost]
Why pay Apple prices when you can get high quality bands for less? All of these bands are 3rd party high quality bands, and I have no issues with them at all.

mZM0kVs.jpg

Close view

hInjYzo.jpg

zszrJOc.jpg

My next bands on the list. :)

Those look cheap and tacky to me. To each their own though.

Reactions: aloecool
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.