Is It The Mighty Mouse or The Bluethooth?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Bulldog3777, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Bulldog3777 macrumors 6502

About once a day I lose my connection which I know is old news. But is it the Mighty Mouse or the Bluethooth. If it's the mouse, I will just buy another brand of Bluethoose mouse. If it's the Bluethoose I will get a USB mouse. I am just tired of it.

2. Wombert macrumors regular

It's the bluetooth chip, apparently. Have you installed the firmware upgrade yet?

3. Bulldog3777 thread starter macrumors 6502

Mighty Mouse

Yes I did. But It seems there was a statement that said turn bluetooth off and to be honest, I do not remember if I did. Is there a way I can do it again and this time make sure I turn it off? I have never lost the bluetooth keyboard except due to my own stupidity.

4. brad.c macrumors 68020

brad.c

I think it's the BT. Both the white KB and MM cut out at the same time on my e2008 MBP. An earlier thread suggested I turn off Bluetooth services in the Network System pref, and while it hasn't eliminated the problem entirely, I have noticed less interruptions.

Something else to try: instead of turning BT off and on (or power cycling the devices), try toggling "Discoverable" under the BT menu. I've noticed that wakes the devices up faster.

5. crushedlizard macrumors newbie

I lose connection several times a day. It's pretty damn frustrating. I was starting to wonder if it was a non-MM problem.
    Sort of glad it is happening with the MM, means I don't have to buy one. But more annoying that the problem exists! lol

Hope this gets fixed soon. I don't mind the odd hiccup, but seriously 4 or 5 times a day gets pretty tiring.

6. MacModMachine macrumors 68020

MacModMachine

Same here....i have always lost connection on all my unibody macbook pro's

all the time..2-3 times a day...even on a aftermarket mouse....after all the updates...

i hate it...its a issue that has long needed to be resolved.

speak of the devil....10.5.8 has been release with supposid bluetooth reliability fixes...

CROSS FINGERS!

7. crushedlizard macrumors newbie

Aye, I just saw that! woot

8. Thomas Davie macrumors 6502

I have the wireless mighty mouse on my iMac, and a targus bluetooth mouse on my MBP. The mighty mouse has sometimes acted funny, but the Targus has been a rock. Great sensitivity, touch scroll and programmable.

And yep, I'm on 10.5.8

Tom