Is it the phones or is it the service?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bowlman23, Jun 21, 2009.

1. bowlman23 macrumors regular

So I've had my iPhone 3G for about 5 months and I love it. However, I hate the service or the actual phone part of the iPhone. I had my sim card replaced once already. My wife and I can never hold a call longer than 60 seconds. When I'm at home, I have full service and I try to call someone, and it just says that it's trying to call, but then it fails. It does it on both of our phones, but we both have full service (4 bars).

Is there anything I can do or am I just screwed with AT&T's service?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks.

2. cmaier macrumors G3

i think it's AT&T.

3. Pattycerts macrumors 6502

The fact that its both your phones and replacing SIM cards didn't work should tell you its the service. Sucks, I would ask if there's any way to improve service in your area, perhaps use it to get out of your contract.

4. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I would start with AT&T and then approach Apple (because it affects two phones). Four bars should hold a call. AT&T typically becomes very interested when they find out it is more than one phone experiencing an issue. With just one phone they assume it is the phone. Frustrating.

Have you tried any comparisons? For example, turn off 3G and see if the behavior changes? How about trying an AT&T non-iPhone (also with your SIM)?

Definitely get it resolved before your one year warrantee expires.

5. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I do believe ATT just raised the price of dialing 911, or 411, which would be another way to get out of the contract.

With service like that, I would be really upset as well.

6. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Please stop telling people that changes in the terms of service will get them out of their contract unless you speak to someone at AT&T that can confirm it for you.

In the states where I could find information (Google is your friend) the cost of 911 is covered by taxes.

To be honest, with an iPhone I can't think of many reasons to call 411. The wifey and I look up business information on the 'Net all the time including tapping a phone number to call. If you need a person's phone number that isn't a contact/don't have written down/nobody else you can call knows them/not in caller ID then you are a good candidate for 411.

Doesn't Google have some kind of free service?