I currently have a 24" 2.8 GHz iMac (2007 edition) with 4 gigs of RAM and a 1 TB HD. I like the large screen and definitely want to keep a desktop computer. I would upgrade to an 27" i7 iMac, but I need something portable and my budget doesn't allow for me to buy a portable computer and upgrade to an i7. For a while, I debated whether or not to get a MacBook at $799 (about $870 with taxes) at MicroCenter or to get a 64 gig iPad 3G. The cost would be approximately the same, but the capabilities of each machine are different. My debate ended when I realized that I could have a larger screen for media consumption and a vastly superior production computer for the same price. Therefore, my only question is: should I get that $799 MacBook now, or should I be waiting for something? The buyers guide would have me wait, but seeing as how the new MacBook Pro 13 didn't improve much, what exactly would I be waiting for? The low end 13" MacBook Pro doesn't look that appealing to me. For about $300 more than the MacBook at MicroCenter, taxes included, I would be getting 2 gigs more of RAM and an aluminum shell. That doesn't make much sense to me! Please help.