Is it Thursday yet? This Go Phone is not cutting it!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jbachandouris, Jun 19, 2010.

1. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

I sold my iPhone 3GS to an online trade-in site and bought a cheap Go Phone from Walmart. I miss my iPhone so much and this Go phone is soo bad that its doesn't even have volume controls (I added it through a shortcut) or bluetooth (I hate wired headsets).

At least I have my new 13" MBP to play with until then. I haven't even finished setting it up since I am waiting for the iPhone 4 so they can both be synced. My first Mac :).

Apple pre-order received. Malls doors are NEVER locked, so I'm not sure how early I am going there to wait...:D

2. daver.cl macrumors member

[​IMG]

With the beautiful 1" screen, no top screen, muffled microphone, and lack of T9 texting, I'm pretty sure I'm returning my preorder. I've found true phone love here.

3. jbachandouris thread starter macrumors 601

jbachandouris

Hell, I'll tarde you! That's better than my low end Nokia!:(

4. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

5. elephunkman macrumors 65816

Are you using a little nokia candybar thats black and silver?

6. billyjoegibsonx macrumors 6502

Heres my phone that im using atm :D

[​IMG]

Only joking this is it...

[​IMG]

I'm using a £10 phone i got from asda. It boasts of a colour screen. I suspect the next model will have volume buttons :D then possibly a 0.3mp camera on the next.

Its a basic phone. What a phone was before cameras, bluetooth, touch screen etc :). It has call/text features, some games and thats about it. Need a crowbar to take the cover off, to install the sim.

It'll do till thursday :)

7. anitrajw macrumors regular

I never thought I would say the weekend needs to go by faster.. I'm using a crappy Samsung Blackjack, and to think this phone was "kinda" high end for its time

8. apple3g040193 macrumors 6502

apple3g040193

LOL Im using the same exact phone.

9. Higgs1 macrumors 6502

Higgs1

i'm afraid to put my sim into another phone fearing they'll take away my unlimited data plan

i called and talked to AT&T support on 3 occasions and 2 of the 3 said that once the system realizes you are not using an iPhone it will remove the data plan (which i find very odd as I'm sure they'd rather just keep charging you until YOU remove it yourself)

so i'm a little hesitant to put my sim into a non iphone :(

can anyone confirm that you will NOT lose ur data? i'd love to be able to call people this week lol i've been without a phone since is old my 3gs a week+ ago

10. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

Congratulations on the new Mac. I got my first one back in September (I think I need to change my signature now) and I've loved every minute of it.

But back on topic, I feel your pain, in a way. A while ago my phone (not an iPhone) messed up and had to use a cheap phone from Walmart. It wasn't even a flip phone and it constant called people and I never figured out how to lock the keypad. But now I'm using my cousin's old LG Neon to hold me off until I get an iPhone in December.

11. elephunkman macrumors 65816

I can confirm that.

12. apple3g040193 macrumors 6502

apple3g040193

my data is still on and even if they did take it away from you I think thats grounds for a no fee contract termination sice you didnt ok the switch an that may cause you to pay more money.

13. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

Me too. I had a 3GS for a few months and it's killing me.

14. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

They will not take the plan away. What they do is add one to your line if you dont have one and put your sim into a "smart Phone"

I did this just last month. Had an pld BlackBerry, my mom wanted to try it.

I put her sim from an LG shine into the BB and about 6 hours later I got a txt from att saying they have added a data account to the line since their policy requires it.

I immediately put her sim back into the LG and the next day I checked the account online. The phone on her profile was back to a Shine but the data plan was still there. It stayed there for 4 more days until I called and spoke to someone to remove it.

15. medicscott macrumors 6502a

medicscott

just sold my 3GS yesterday...now im on a motorola SLVR. life sucks. 5 days!

and im with ya on that last post...they better not change my plan because of the sim change.

16. PorterRocks macrumors 6502

PorterRocks

I sold my 3GS in March and have been using the same phone as you since then. I can confirm that they will not remove your data plan. It's been terrible using this piece of crap for so long. Thursday can't get here soon enough!

17. apple3g040193 macrumors 6502

apple3g040193

Why did you sell so early.

18. PorterRocks macrumors 6502

PorterRocks

A guy at work offered me $450 for it. I knew I wouldn't get that much for it when the new iPhone was announced, so I just did it.

19. Jemi9OD macrumors regular

Jemi9OD

Like the thread starter, I sold my 3GS already - just last Monday - and got a cheap gophone to tide me over. The Nokia 2320. Wow, this is a blast from the past - I remember the days well when my phone just plain didn't *do* much!

I was so excited when I found out I could at least get The Weather Channel on this thing, and then I found out it was a trial! Man, the i4 can't get here soon enough!

20. elephunkman macrumors 65816

same phone here, I feel your pain

21. joshysquashy macrumors 6502a

I'm using my boyfriends old phone - a Samsung SGH-800. It's a fairly basic phone, but I amazed him when he saw me checking my emails on it. He had it for a year and didn't know it did that!

It will do me fine, although I can't text on it to save my life! Where's the querty keyboard?!

22. Higgs1 macrumors 6502

Higgs1

thanks for all the reassuring words guys, i'm going to borrow someone's old at&t phone till thursday and will be very glad to have a phone again, the last weeks been brutal, well a little more so on my GF not being able to keep tabs on me :p

23. elephunkman macrumors 65816

24. sdd4 macrumors member

Ditto! I sold my 3GS on Sunday night, and left for a weeklong vacation in Florida the next morning with an old GoPhone I bought two years ago when my first-gen iPhone quit on me. The crappy phone has been both a curse and a blessing, cause I guess now I'm more focused on what's around me. I'm unabashedly addicted to my iPhone, I'm not even going to hide it.

To those who are "roughing it" with an old dumbphone, just imagine that ridiculously overwhelming feeling of both security and ecstasy you'll feel when that sexy piece of glass and steel slides into your hands for the first time...

... I think it goes without saying that a good 10% of me wants to fast-forward through this vacation just to get the phone. I guess admitting I have a problem is the biggest step... Lmao.

25. Higgs1 macrumors 6502

Higgs1

it's like re-virginizing yourself to the iphone lol go without for a week or two & then bam its a whole new experience all over again lol ;)