Is it time for me to purchase an iPhone?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Coca-Cola, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Coca-Cola macrumors 6502

I have a very old cell phone. It must be nearly 7 years old. It works. I use it primarily as my home phone. I hardly ever take it out. It is a bit worn. the numbers are worn and the case is looking rather nasty.

Is it time to buy an iPhone? I have no contractual obligations. My phone bill is currently around 60 bucks. I think I can scrape together the 199.99 dollars starting next month.

My wife is having a big art show and should make a nice bundle of cash. Currently we use only this old phone.

Is it too materialistic to have an iPhone? Should I just get a new free crappy phone?

What do you think? I appreciate your help.

Attached Files:

2. BigHungry04 macrumors 6502

If you think you will use the features of an iPhone, get it. If you do not think that you will use those features, then do not get an iPhone. It will just be a waste of money.

3. carfac macrumors 65816

carfac

Based on how you say you use the phone, and iPhone is NOT for you.

4. MatLane macrumors 6502a

MatLane

Depending on what you want out of a phone really.....

If you think that you will be using the internet feature, ipod and the other applications then by all means do so!

;-)

5. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

If you want, you could save up, and look to get the v3 iPhone when it rolls out at WWDC 2009 :) It'll almost certainly have video, etc. You could always get one now, and pass on your iphone to get the new one come next summer also!