Is it time to buy a MacBook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Andy0379, May 11, 2015.

1. Andy0379 macrumors newbie

I currently have a 2013 MacBook Air, and I am not satisfied with it because of its 4 gig RAM and non retina display. I thought of getting the new MacBook, but it is too weak and not reasonable since I have a iPad Air 2, and I use it for viewing news, browsing the web, and listening to podcasts which were my intentions with my MacBook 12' .

I want to get a MacBook Pro since it is much more reliable since it has a retina display, and a good prosesorl I am afraid if I buy it now, a new one with a new design will come out in the fall or winter this year. I think there is a slim chance a new one will come out in WWDC 2015. What should I do; should I wait or get it now?

2. WestonHarvey1 macrumors 68020

This might sound silly but I don't like it when my trackpad technology is behind. I would wait until the 15" gets the Force Touch upgrade.

3. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

The 2017 MBP is going to be awesome.

4. jesusplay macrumors 6502a

5. duervo macrumors 68000

duervo

If your worry is that they will refresh this fall, then wait till this fall because there will likely be something newer then. It's only about 4-5 months away.

With that said, the 2019 MBP will raise the bar. It will be the best MBP yet, and be better than anything Apple has ever done. They will break new ground with a painstaking process that will be truly inspirational.

6. TapticJab macrumors newbie

I doubt something will come this fall...the MacBook Pros and Airs were just updated in March 2015. As a result, it's fair to assume the cycle will reset next spring. If you're willing to wait, go ahead. Just know, even when you make your purchase then, a new model will be in the works for release.

7. snaky69 macrumors 603

Your computing needs do not warrant a better processor nor more RAM if that really is all you do on a computer.

The only noticeable upgrade you'd get is from the screen. I don't believe you'd see any performance difference between the two machines.

I also do not believe we're likely to see a redesign anytime soon.