Is it to early to start selling The "New Ipad" ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ilunchbox, Aug 6, 2012.

?

Is it to early to start selling The "New" iPad?

1. Yes!!

23 vote(s)
    76.7%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    23.3%
  1. ilunchbox macrumors member

Just wondering, Debating on selling mine, But i don't want to sell it TOO early :p

2. Orange Crane macrumors 6502

Neither, as this is clearly nonsense. You should use it to clean your grill.

3. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

4. ilunchbox thread starter macrumors member

Too have extra $ for whatever comes out this Sept. :D

5. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

The iPad won't be upgraded. The only possibility is an iPad mini or the current iPad getting the new rumoured dock connector. It won't be a new model.

6. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I would agree, any update to the current iPad would only be the dock connector and perhaps a minor tweak or two but nothing of any significance

Jury is still out on a mini iPad, maybe, maybe not

But certainly no next generation iPad

7. robertpetry macrumors 6502

From what I've read what we can expect is a revised early 2012 "new iPad" that has the new dock connector, a single backlight instead of dual and a mic on the back not the top. The backlight change and a couple of other minor tweaks are going to help a little with heat and battery life. But basically this is a very very Minor change.

So the answer to your question is IF you think you need to upgrade for some reason then you will need to sell your new iPad. But it is still kind of early I think. See what rumors come out in the next 3 to 4 weeks about availability of the new products before jumping the gun.

Btw, I will probably upgrade because I bought a Verizon new iPad and have all other devices on AT&T. With the new data share plan I want an AT&T iPad 3. Good excuse to "upgrade.".

Otherwise I see no reason.

8. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

If you plan on getting an iPhone 5 and a new iPad to have the same doc connector, sure. Otherwise selling a 3 to get this small revision is a waste of time, energy, and money.

9. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

"An iPad in the hand is worth two in the rumor mill."

Or something like that...

10. jltj macrumors member

Makes me wonder, when it comes time to upgrade to the 2013 or 2014 iPad, what the value of a 2012 iPad with the 30-pin connector will be...:(

11. Zach Vega macrumors regular

Zach Vega

12. sakau2007 macrumors 6502

It is highly unlikely a successor in the iPad line is coming out this fall (a mini, perhaps, but not a full blown iPad).

So why on earth would you unload it?

For that matter, why would you even unload it even if there was one coming out in 6 weeks? Being without an iPad completely would be way worse than the few dollars (if any) you might gain by selling a little early. And since there won't be one for many months, selling an iPad 3 now to get money for an iPad 4 next spring seems completely foolish.

13. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

if you want to live without it sure, but only expect a "point update".

given the opportunity cost of doing without awaiting release and availability it it worth it? I seldom think so.

Personally i would wait and see what is on offer and then decide if it is want you want.

remember "next year's" iPad will always be only around the corner.

14. Kavier macrumors 6502a

Kavier

I seriously doubt Apple will release a new iPad this yr, so unless you are hoping for a iPad mini, I would not sell.

15. ilunchbox thread starter macrumors member

I thank all you guys for responses. you made my decision easier :D ill hold on to it for now. would the value go down a lot since they might implement the new pins for the dock connecter?

16. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I don't think that would affect resale value well into 2013. Plenty of people have devices using the current standard and will hang onto them for a few years. Apple will probably keep making the current cables for a few years as will third party accessory manufacturers.

17. Che Castro macrumors 603

If the ipad mini comes out, will that decrease the resale value of the ipad 3?

Im planning on selling my iPad 3 for the mini , if it comes out

18. ilunchbox thread starter macrumors member

i was thinking about doing the same thing, and using extra money towards the new iPhone. i hope it (iPad Mini) comes out with retina, but i doubt it, the leaked back piece doesn't even have a camera! :eek:

19. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

I'd be quite upset if there was a new ipad already, having bought a third gen iPad. Especially if it's one that is lighter and thinner. One of my few qualms with the iPad 3rd gen is that it gets a bit heavy and cumbersome to hold during long periods of time.

20. Che Castro macrumors 603

Im hoping the mini will be below$300 , 8gb is fine with me, but i want a retina screen

If is below $300 ill buy both the ipad mini & iphone 5 , then sell my ipad 3 and get a mac mini $600

21. Che Castro macrumors 603

I think that rumor is about the ipad mini being thinner & lighter, maybe the snitch saw the iPad mini & thought it was the ipad 3?