Is It To Wear A Bumper And Charge In A Dock Simultaneously?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Project-79, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Project-79 macrumors 6502

Project-79

I didn't think you could until I saw this picture on Wikipedia. I can't tell if it's charging though.

[​IMG]

The iPhone 4 isn't out in Canada yet so I can't check myself.

Thanks!

EDIT: Sorry, typo in the title (I meant "Is It Possible..."), I guess it's time for bed, lol. If you could change the title mods, that'd be great. Thanks.

2. playaproved macrumors 6502

I too am wondering if this can be done. Looking at my universal dock with no adaptor in it, it looks like iPhone + bumper may fit.

I'd try it myself, but White iPhone 4 seems to be eluding me. :)

3. MrPenguin9 macrumors member

4. forza1976 macrumors regular

A little different solution but I had an old 20gb ipod dock that I busted out the trusty dremil tool and did this:

Attached Files:

5. StevenT42 macrumors 6502

The iPhone 4 with bumper will sit in the iphone4 dock, but will not connect to the dock connector.

6. pl0cks macrumors newbie

If it was charging wouldn't the lockscreen show the green battery instead of the wallpaper?

EDIT

lmao didn't notice it wasn't even plugged in...

7. Chromus macrumors regular

If you have the Universal Dock it will work. Don't use any adapter and the iPhone+Bumper fits fine and charges. There is a notification saying that the accessorie isn't optimized for the device, but it does no harm. It may be a little loose for some, but it's just docked there and won't be moving or being used, so it's okay for me.

8. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

i've also found that with the bumper on you are very limited to the actual charging cables you can use. I have an Apple Component cable in my car(for playing video through nav screen) and the 30 pin connector is too "fat". it doesn't fit inside the bumpers opening. sucks because that's how i charge in my car too. :(

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced