Is it too early....

Discussion in 'iMac' started by JustMartin, Sep 12, 2012.

1. JustMartin macrumors 6502a

to start the "what?no iMac in the iPhone launch? Apple suck, massive fail, this would never have happened if Steve....etc." thread? ;)

2. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

3. davidgnomo macrumors 6502a

davidgnomo

4. Nandifix macrumors 6502

I think we will be dissapointed tonight and there will be no iMac news. Although there is usually some more rumors after an event so we may see thing more clearly.

5. iMcLovin macrumors 68000

iMcLovin

I'm all ready pissed because there were no imac today. I got so much money piled up all ready for thins thing

6. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

Really can't see an iMac launching alongside the new iDevices. Though you never know. But really, probably not.

7. washburn macrumors 6502

well theres a high chance it will get mentioned, its just a computer, new design, display, odd removal, usb 3, spec list - all up about 10 minutes?

its also good mentioning it around iPhone 5 more people could be introduced it, its not like the desktop is going away, all these copy cat AIO are entering the game

8. Lancer macrumors 68020

Lancer

I'm still thinking we'll get the Ivy Bridge update squeezed in at the end "One more thing..." style. Fingers crossed :D

9. Orange Furball macrumors 65816

Orange Furball

The event still didn't happen.

You have to believe for it to happen! ;)

10. washburn macrumors 6502

the thing is though, Apple usually puts a new product on the front page so theres no doubt it will be the iPhone but what if they refresh the iMac also, wouldn't they want that to be on the front page also for a little while? how is that going to work out...

11. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

The particular media invited to an iPhone/iPod event would be moaning and groaning and want their 15 minutes back. For the most part, they don't care.

12. marvz macrumors 6502a

marvz

but there also will be new iPods.. so it could be possible: big window new iPhone, 3 smaller windows for the iPods and 1 small window for iMac :D

Ps: store is offline! -> very early because of the big new iMacs :D

13. commad macrumors member

Regardless if new iMacs are announced today, they will not go on sale until after September 21.
    Apple would not sell a brand new Mac product towards the end the Back To School offer period.
    This makes me think that they wouldn't want to split some of the spotlight of the new iPhone with a product that doesn't have an imminent release date. i think an October release would make more business sense IF they are released soon.

i also don't think we will see some kind of radical new iMac design. the product has already evolved into the most minimilast desktop on the market. i see it just getting thinner and more powerful/better display.

14. macpro2000 macrumors 6502a

If it would appear today, it will simply be a refresh with slightly updated specs...could very easily do what they did with the Pro for WWDC.

15. bugbear99 macrumors member

iphone 5, ipod touch url are spotted on apple search engine, but imac....

16. ihuman:D macrumors 6502a

Once the entry-level iMac has a better GPU and USB 3 anything after that is a bonus.

17. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

You may have noticed on the front page that Apple's website search (accidentally?) indexed today's announcements already. No iMac, iPad Mini, or 13" rMBP. Today is iPhone & iPod today. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

18. iMcLovin macrumors 68000

iMcLovin

Now we can start the: "what? No iMac?" it's 99% chance there will be no iMac today :( its no news of it and no site has found any hints for it and the whole event isn't really focused on Mac....so even if I kinda knew I'm still disappointed.