Is it too late to install 4.3.1?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by chrisjburgess, Apr 14, 2011.

1. chrisjburgess macrumors newbie

With 4.3.2 released today is it too late for me to install 4.3.1 untethered jb? Or save 4.3.1 shsh blobs with tiny umbrella?

2. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Why don't you try it and find out?

If a firmware is no longer being signed you'll receive an error message and your phone will be as it was before you tried to restore.

And why is it people wait until the day a new firmware is released to save the shsh for the previous firmware? Why? You should be saving your shsh immediately (or as soon as the new tiny umbrella is released for that firmware).

3. Sine Qua Non macrumors member

Fire up TinyUmbrella ASAP and see if you can save SHSH. We'd be interested in hearing the results.

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

Most likely you can still save it. Either way I would do it ASAP before Apple closes the door! btw seems like it be easier to try it and see rather then asking.

5. MiamiBourne macrumors regular

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

7. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Exactly.

Apple was still signing 4.3.1 a few hours ago as I just saved my SHSH's for 4.3.1 (I thought I already had it).

8. Chopstick217 macrumors regular

Chopstick217

I was still able to save my SHSH with tinyumbrella. Do it quickly before apple stops signing it.

9. NateEssex macrumors 6502

I just saved the SHSH too. Do I have to try to update to 4.3.1 now and JB, or can I do it later? I'm on 4.1 now...

10. Cha macrumors regular

You can do it later or now. It's up to you.

11. NateEssex macrumors 6502

Thanks for the quick reply. On another thread, someone just posted that 4.3 is a battery drainer, and he wouldn't recommend upgrading from 4.2.1. Is it worth it to upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2.1?

12. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

13. Cha macrumors regular

Depends on if any of the changes in the version is worth it to you to upgrade...
    I had 4.1 before I finally upgraded to 4.3.1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_version_history

The battery drain issue is usually because some process is crashing or going crazy... you will alway run that risk with any upgrade. Not all apps properly upgrade or use the API so everyone's experience will be different when you update the OS.