Is it too much to hope for a walk-in next week?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by otis123, Jun 26, 2010.

1. otis123 macrumors 6502a

Monday I'm going to be in vegas and I figured I will try the local apple stores and see if they have any 32gb models. I have one on order for the 14th, but (like most of us) I want it sooner. Does anyone think I will get lucky? or is demand for this thing just too much?

2. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

I wanna know too...I really want to get one asap, but I've never bought an iPhone, so I really want to go to the Apple store and get it (ik..stupid reasoning...save it). Can you reserve one for pick-up at an Apple store? I'll be at (well really close to, I'll probably stop by) one tomorrow, and if I could reserve (or maybe even buy :rolleyes:) an iP4 it would make my week :D!

3. bfh123 macrumors regular

Same boat.

I didnt preorder because I knew there might be a chance I'd be going out of town. I had a reservation, but I had to go out of town, so I lost it. I was staying next to an AT&T store, but they screwed me by changing their walk in date to the 29th. Now my apple store is out, but Im on a waiting list. Im going to the AT&T store at 7am on Tuesday.

4. otis123 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I am in the EXACT same situation, I got screwed because AT&T had to send to my billing address, but I wasn't going to be home on the 24th. the AT&T store that I'm next to had like 5 16gb models on the 24th, and there was a line of 15 people.

5. IndianGuy macrumors regular

IndianGuy

Let me tell you - contraray to all news about long lines, if you time it correctly you can easily get iphone in next week - I was able to get iphone on launch day by standing just two hours in line - I joined line at around 2:15 and was out of store at 4 exactly

Few things to keep in mind - to improve your chances

1. Give first preference to apple store - in that bigger store or store in prime area - they always get bigger shipment
    2. AT&T is going to start walk-ins

By the way you can actually go now and check if your apple store is maintaining priority list - they promised to call people on that list once they get shipment - if you are on that, they will hold phone for you 24 hours

6. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

Do you know when (weekly/daily/time of day) Apple Stores get shipments?

7. johnparjr macrumors 6502a

johnparjr

my local store still has plenty saw lots of people walking in and out quickly

8. jap1198 macrumors 6502

You just might get one. I mean I got one the day after it was released.
    Just make sure to get there early.

9. iammike1 macrumors 6502a

iammike1

Ugg, they are nowhere in Japan. No walk-ins, only reservations. The Softbank store I reserved at has yet to receive 1 unit.

Probably gonna be a long time before I see one in my hands.

10. Kenal0 macrumors regular

If it is anything like the past iphone releases, your chances will be good if you can spend a little time making calls and are ready to visit a store on short notice. The Apple Stores get more phones than any other retailer, ATT, Best Buy etc. They get more frequent shipments, sometimes more than one per day so just keep trying and when you call and they say they got some in, be prepared to high tail it to the store.

Kenal0

11. inlvnv macrumors member

All 3 stores are within few minutes driving distance. It's best to just walk in. I did that on Friday, the day after the launch, stood in line (bottled water provided) for about 30 minutes and walked out with a 32gb model thanks to whoever preordered it but didn't claim it on the launch day, so I was told. Calling was useless actually. While on hold, I drove there.

12. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

I heard some Apple stores were expecting another shipment yesterday, not sure if this I true or not.

13. CSMchris376 macrumors regular

I was at the Orland Park, IL Apple Store yesterday. They had none for walk-in customers, however they had people from their priority list getting phones. They said they could put me on the priority list and they would email me when they arrived, however they expect that to be at least 2 weeks out.

We have a corporate AT&T store where I live (some distance from Orland Park, but that is my closest Apple Store), and they will have them on he 29th. I figure given the size of our area, they will not receive that many units, but I just don't relish the idea of "camping out". I think I'll drive by there Monday night and see if there is a line forming and make my decision from there.

14. Lamarak macrumors 6502

Friday, here in San Antonio, walked in one of the two apple stores here at 10:30 am and walked out with a 32g at 11:30 am. No reservation, no reserve.
    Was crowded in store but no line and was helped as soon as I walked in. Think if you dont go in high rush periods like lunch time or 5-7, chances are decent for a phone at a apple store .

15. UnknownMacNoob macrumors member

Best chance of getting an iPhone at this point? ATAT on the 29th. The lines will not be as rediculous like the Apple store on launch day and there are generally more AT&T locations. They are scheduled to open around 7 so if I were you I'd drive by at 5 to check it out. If no one is there you can secure the first spot or go get some breakfast and head back after that.

16. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I think its quite possible. Apple is shipping these daily. Maybe good or bad for you, but Vegas doesn't wake up until 12p-1p, so maybe less competition before then.

17. Skinfaxi macrumors member

I called my local Apple store today. They said they will be getting a shipment of phones around noon, be here then and you can probably get one.

I get in my car and drive an hour and fifteen minutes to the store. I walk in and explain to the closest employee "I spoke to one of your guys on the phone this morning and he said you were getting a shipment around noon with some phones. Has it come yet?"

He promptly responded "Sir, we don't get shipments on Sundays."

Way to go, Apple ;)