Is it true that apple......

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by BrettFarve04, Dec 7, 2008.

1. BrettFarve04 macrumors regular

Is it true that apple (retail stores) now do price-matching. If I print off an ad from another website I was told apple will match the price. Just seeing if what I heard is true.

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

There are some folks who have posted their stories of success in such a thing
    I don't know if it is a policy though

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

Maybe some but the store in my area doesn't do it at all...>.>

4. illegallydead macrumors 6502a

illegallydead

it sounds like it varies store to store (more like manager to manager or salesman to salesman)

Knowing Apple, they will not make this an official policy, seeing as low prices aren't really their "thing".

That being said though, it's not like you can find much better of prices on (new) products, seeing as they have a fixed minimum retail price that is right at or maybe $10 below theirs. If some other store has them for below that number, they are either old/returned/used models, or that store is about to get a nasty letter from Apple legal and lose some shipments of Apple products. Its all about Apple maintaining their elitist brand image by keeping their prices pretty high (but offering a damn decent product, so get off me fanboys :D)