Is it true that playing and charging iphone simultaneously depletes battery life?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Morry, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Morry macrumors newbie

What title said, from what rumours i heard from my friends, apparently, playing AND charging iphone at the SAME time depletes battery life?

I googled my question, lots of replies saying yes, it is possible to play and charge at same time, but that does not address the question about whether the battery is getting depleted or not.

I have not tried this method before, I am kinda eyeing my iphone when it charges , contemplating whether to play it while in charge mode or not.

Can anybody confirm my question? Thankies ~:)

2. tfandan19 macrumors newbie

I am thinking they cancel each other out....or it just won't charge?

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

4. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

No it just wears out the battery if u do it alot the battery starts to lose charge faster

5. Morry thread starter macrumors newbie

So that means that the amount of time i can use my iphone without charging decreases right? Dam, that is almost the same as battery capacity decreasing.

Thanks for the help guys :D

6. Shenaniganz08 macrumors 6502

yes an no

if you have your ipod playing music + 3g antenna + gps antenna + Screen at full brightness on at the same time, the iphone may potentially overheat/not charge fast enough, even if plugged in

but just playing music is not enough to drain the battery