Is it true that the battery is actually weaker?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ori, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Ori macrumors 6502

Ok,

Several threads saying that the actual battery is of lesser mAh on the 3G then on the 2G Iphone.

Is this true???
    Are the batteries the same size?
    What possible gain is there in doing this? (please don't say the obvious cost)

Something seems strange here

2. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

The only matching part number that could be found so far, was that of an 1150 mAh battery. It's always possible that the part number was reused for a higher capacity one, we just don't know yet.

Size could be a factor.

Another possibility is that there will be a higher capacity battery (of the same size) available later for an upgrade price. This would explain the lack of soldered wires, and the external screws.

An extended battery option would sell like hotcakes. And Apple would look like a hero while raking in the cash.

3. millerboy814 macrumors member

i dont use the 3g (we dont have it in my area yet) and my phones been on 1 charge since sunday morning and is still above the 20%

4. ijohnw macrumors regular

Do you also have location services on or off?

5. mciarlo macrumors 6502

mciarlo

I think once the batteries get a few charge cycles on them we will begin to see more accurate/higher battery life.

6. sam3020 macrumors 6502a

sam3020

I find the battery life on the 3G has been improved. If you watch the keynote on it you will see it is better. The phone still runs out of battery in like a couple of days depending on how much you use it.