Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

quickmartin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2014
Few days ago, I saw this posting on Spigen Facebook page regarding iPhone 6.
I think some case manufacturer already start to produce the new case for iPhone6.

Will iPhone 6 be released like this design such as the sleep button on the right side?

Attachments

• 10533036_787367841283778_7288685967882614923_n.jpg
    10533036_787367841283778_7288685967882614923_n.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 161

imanidiot

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Yes.
And this small, seemingly innocuous change will forever transfigure life as we know it.
Whatever you do, do NOT think about the flesh-eating moles.

Last edited:

MICkingslayer

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2014
Who knows?
but, I think there is no smoke without fire. haha!
I guess the case companies have some information or clue about the design.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Few days ago, I saw this posting on Spigen Facebook page regarding iPhone 6.
I think some case manufacturer already start to produce the new case for iPhone6.

Will iPhone 6 be released like this design such as the sleep button on the right side?

That's not the sleep button. It can be programmed to control either the built in laser or invisibility cloak.

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
It could also be there so the user can quickly change from "kill" to "stun".

userbaba

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2014
Who knows?
but, I think there is no smoke without fire. haha!
I guess the case companies have some information or clue about the design.

I agree with her or him.
I'm 80% sure iPhone will have a sleep button on the side like Galaxy smart devices. I think it's really cool though.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
It could also be there so the user can quickly change from "kill" to "stun".

Oh man i would so love to see a smartphone come out with a Peace Now button. You hit it and everyone breaks out the chips and guacamole or whatever. Stun gun tamed for use by the children we all seem to remain any more.

flybub

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2011
If they still push for the 1 handed use the power button has to be on the side. It would be very difficult, for me anyway, to hit the power button if the power button is kept on the top and the screen size is increased.

Izauze

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2013
We have no clue if its true until the phone is released.

Yes we do. There have been LOTS of clues. You should try reading this one blog I saw about it... it aggregates all the various Mac and Apple rumors and clues out there. I think it's called mac... clues or something?

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
Yes we do. There have been LOTS of clues. You should try reading this one blog I saw about it... it aggregates all the various Mac and Apple rumors and clues out there. I think it's called mac... clues or something?

Like Mac rumors or something? Yeah key word RUMORS. None of that **** is true until apple says it is. Fact of life. Don't believe every thing you read.

Izauze

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2013
Like Mac rumors or something? Yeah key word RUMORS. None of that **** is true until apple says it is. Fact of life. Don't believe every thing you read.

That's the one! Mac rumors! So you've heard of it. Great. Now we can all go on discussing what we think is likely to happen based on the clues, leaks, opinions, and rumors available to us. As is the purpose of this site.

Izauze

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2013
EDIT: Sarcasm aside, I don't mean to just target you. I'm just constantly confused by how many people there are on a site called MacRumors who complain any time anyone starts discussing a Mac rumor.

Yes, we don't "know" whether there's a 5.5 inch device, but we can still discuss how we feel about it. Yes we don't know whether there are giant antenna breaks, but we can still look at the information available to us and talk about whether we like it or not. If that's not what someone is interested in, fine - but then maybe go to Macfacts.com?

marvz

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2012
Berlin
I like the idea of the Apple logo, on the back, being a notification light!

That would be very helpful for me!

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure it will be just like on the iPads. Possibly it improves WiFi/other signals since they removed the glass plates but that's all. It just looks better :)
And a notification light on the back wouldn't make any sense. You only notice it when your phone is upside-down on a table or something... For me and probably most other people, you would never see the notification light.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I don't think so. I'm pretty sure it will be just like on the iPads. Possibly it improves WiFi/other signals since they removed the glass plates but that's all. It just looks better :)
And a notification light on the back wouldn't make any sense. You only notice it when your phone is upside-down on a table or something... For me and probably most other people, you would never see the notification light.

I always lay my phone down face down. The lip on the Sedio Surface case keeps the screen slightly elevated and proitected.

I am still betting on a notification light as the back casings I have seen show this Apple Logo being a see through design.;)

Time will tell

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.