Is it unlocked or not? Slide for Emergency

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Confuzzled77, May 3, 2014.

1. Confuzzled77 macrumors newbie

Ok, I am not techie at all. I have a regular Iphone4s on Verizon but needed one to use overseas, so I bought a Iphone3 off Ebay that said "unlocked". I just got the phone today and it has the "Slide for Emergency connect to Itunes" on the main screen. I can't get past it. Does this mean that the phone is locked? HELP! If so, I am asking for my money back

2. eddiec312 macrumors 6502

eddiec312

Have you connected it to itunes and tried to restore? Also do you know what IOS version did it come with?

3. Confuzzled77 thread starter macrumors newbie

I connected to Itunes and that worked to let me acces the rest of the phone. I did notice when it did the restore it listed the old phone number. The only SIM I had to try in it is from a different country. I put it in the phone and it says no service as I suspected but I thought it might still transfer the contacts from the SIM but I got nothing. So still not sure if it's locked or unlocked. I really hate to wait until I get to Jamaica to find out it is indeed locked.

And the IOS version is 4