Is it very rare to have a Cinema display with any defects?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by shenfrey, Mar 28, 2014.

1. shenfrey macrumors 68000

I have an iMac late 2009, and I have to say the quality of it is perfect. I look up into a blue/black sky in a video game and I see no banding, none of any kind of DSE and/or ghosting or clouding. However I have not had a single television, ranging from 24" to 40" without ANY kind of banding or clouding. As a matter of fact, I have returned multiple screens due to this problem, and this problem has bothered me immensely because I am fairly OCD and demand perfection (which is a flaw, especially when it comes to technology)

Are Apple Cinema Displays better just put together? Do they receive better quality control? I don't wanna fanboy up the Apple Displays, but I am curious because this is the only display I have ever had without any kind of defect and its lasted 5+ years.

2. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

They use quality panels? If you are buying low end screens of course they are going to have issues. The Cinema Display is a premium product.

3. shenfrey thread starter macrumors 68000

I thought my £400 32" Samsung TV was a quality product since it was the most expensive in that range of size at the time, however I had to return it for a replacement, which in turn STILL has issues that I struggle to deal with.

4. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

My MacBook Pro's display is great, along with an ADC Studio Display from years back!

5. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

I have three cinema displays. They are all perfect. My reason for using Apple cinema displays is that they are premium quality. That is actually my reason for buying Apple products.

6. shenfrey thread starter macrumors 68000

Agreed. People complain about us being 'fanboys' but at the end of the day it's simple: They make quality products.