Is it virus?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bombertaylor, Jan 25, 2011.

1. bombertaylor macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I tried to open a rar file ,but it keep asking for input password to delete it.After I key in password it refuse to be move into trash !!.I Don't know is it a virus try to steal password or is it system fault.

Thank

2. simsaladimbamba

Just for kicks:
    Btw, that .rar file, did you try to open it or did you try to delete it or both?
    If it asks you admin password to delete it, it most likely is locked or has different permissions. Take a look at the GET INFO window of that .rar file.

Btw, where did you get the .rar file (link?) and what application do you want to use to extract it?

And since I came out:

3. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

It was a password protected rar file, not a bloody virus.

4. abraham.a macrumors newbie

There are many types of files shown on the system, but not sure that every one is virus. And if you have any doubt about that than don't use and consult to an expert PC user.

5. simsaladimbamba

Have you forgotten your SPAM links or what is this?

If the OP has a "virus file" on his or her computer, surely it will not affect Mac OS X.

6. bombertaylor thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank guys I am such a noob :p , I just bought my first iMac yesterday.Still playing with it though.

Yes the file just got locked somehow.

Thank again :D

7. simsaladimbamba