Is it wise to purchase a 24" LED Cinema right now?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by macreator, May 27, 2009.

1. macreator macrumors regular

macreator

Hi folks,

So I've got a 15" unibody MacBook Pro that I purchased back in the fall and I've just finished reconfiguring my home office and am considering the 24" LED Cinema to use with my MacBook Pro as something of a docking station and, obviously, and an external display for extended desktop.

My question is, with WWDC taking place in less than two weeks, would I be wise to wait on my purchase? I realize that, according to the Buyer's Guide, the other displays in Apple's line haven't been updated in quite a long time, but I'm assuming the 24" won't be touched since it was introduced fairly recently. Is this a bad assumption on my part?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks, Macreator

2. Scottyk9 macrumors 6502a

My guess would be that they will update the rest of the line-up to fit in with the 24 long before they would update the 24. As you are probably aware, apple tends to update their displays much less frequently than other hardware.

I think you would be safe getting a 24 now (unless you are willing to spend more for a larger size monitor)

3. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Considering the conference is aimed at developers, the screen has little ways of improvement and the other models have like never been updated I would say you're safe.

However, have you thought of what you are using it for is there a cheaper alternative to be had from dell or another brand. I love apple computers and accessories but definitely dont love their prices.

You might find that you will be very happy with a nice 24" dell as I am!

4. smurfjammer macrumors 6502a

smurfjammer

Best guess is the the 24' LED won't get anything done to it but who knows about the larger sizes.

5. u49aa2 macrumors 6502a

u49aa2

6. macreator thread starter macrumors regular

macreator

Acearchie, which Dell display do you have? The other non-Apple displays I was considering were generally HPs. How do you like your Dell?