is it worst not to keep the device running>?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bj097, Apr 18, 2016.

1. bj097 macrumors member

I had an iPhone 4s, bought in 2011. It was always used correctly without any problems or drop. In 2015 I had another phone, I didn't charge the iPhone 4s and left it behind. Some months later it doesn't turn on. I've changed a new cable, it doesn't charge too, no screen at all.

I also had a decent portable charger (MOMAX) that was not often used. In less than half year of time it gone bad totally. Luckily it was within warranty

Does this example suggest that electronic parts need to be turned on and let it run sometimes let it ''exercise'' a little bit??

2. xixi.li macrumors regular

yes, electronic products always need to be turned on

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I leave all my devices on. iPad, iPhone and Macs.

In the case of my iPad and Macs it's simply because I don't wish to wait for them to finish booting before I use them. Letting them sleep (or in the case of my Macs, turn off the displays) is much preferable to me.

In the case of my iPhone, I have no home phone. So, it's always on. It gets rebooted every morning, but it is ALWAYS on. I use it as a bedside clock and alarm at night. Consequently, just like with a home phone, anyone who needs to get a hold of me at odd hours can.

I've done this since 2009 when I got my first smartphone and I've always done it with my computers.