Is it worth buy a new macbook for my situation?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bmansports17, Apr 25, 2010.

1. bmansports17 macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I am a teenage boy who currently owns a macbook. Here is some of the info I have gathered about my mac:

Model Name: MacBook
    Model Identifier: MacBook2,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache: 4 MB
    Memory: 2 GB
    Bus Speed: 667 MHz
    Boot ROM Version: MB21.00A5.B07
    SMC Version (system): 1.17f0
    Serial Number (system): W872909JYQ7
    Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-0019E344080D
    Sudden Motion Sensor:
    State: Enabled

As of now I mainly use my macbook for safari, ichat, itunes, and to play games. I used to have WoW (world of warcraft) installed on here but I do not play anymore. I am interested in starting to play other MMO games such as Silkroad Online or Guild wars.
    I attempted to use things such as wine or crossover to play these games because they are only playable on windows. Crossover and wine are programs that allow you to run .exe programs on mac. This did not go very well as i had errors and such.
    So now i was thinking about trying bootcamp, but i only have 11 GB free on this macbook. I have tried deleting programs and such i do not use but still i am running low on space.
    Is there anything i can do about this?
    Is buying more memory expensive?
    What should i do?

Thanks

2. bmansports17 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Christina1971 macrumors regular

Installing a new, larger hard drive and adding more memory (up to 4 gb if your computer can take it) is certainly cheaper than buying a whole new computer. Then you can have plenty of space for Boot Camp.