Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac.

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 14, 2008
UK
Hi, i might buy an iPhone next month. But I'm worried Apple will release a new iPhone at MacWorld in January.

Should i just wait another month or two?

svndmvn

Nov 6, 2007
Italy
they updated it like 4 months ago? it was quite a big update..and are you seriously afraid they will update it every 6/7 months now?really?
they will update it big time more rarely than iPods,especially because of the contracts you have to sign for owning one...and iPods get updated every September, so just buy it now and enjoy it

Luke1robb

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2008
Cambridge, MA/Smithfield, RI
Hi, i might buy an iPhone next month. But I'm worried Apple will release a new iPhone at MacWorld in January.

You should have no worry about a new one being released. As mentioned above, it was updated 4 months ago. The only update you might see is some time between now and February, you will probably see the drop of the 8GB iPhone 3G and adoption of a possible 32GB iPhone and possibly new colors. So, unless you NEED more storage, or want to wait 2 months to save $100, then don't wait! It's so worth it!

gadgetdad

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2007
On my iPhone
Go buy one on Black Friday at Apple. Not sure if the iPhone will be on discount but you never know. The faster you get one, the happier you will be.

milani

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2008

Ugh... all of these threads. Apple won't update anything other than perhaps the capacity of the device. If you think you'll need more than 16 GB then wait, if not buy the phone now.

jlwillia

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2007
Ugh... all of these threads. Apple won't update anything other than perhaps the capacity of the device. If you think you'll need more than 16 GB then wait, if not buy the phone now.

Ugh... all these people assuming increased capacity isn't a sufficient reason to at least second guess the purchase of an iphone.

To the OP - many people feel it's likely the iphone will see increased capacity in January/February. Take that into consideration.

To everyone else who criticizes people for second guessing this decision - 16 GB compared to 32 GB is a huge difference. $100 might also be worth the wait for some. Don't assume that because you made a certain decision that everyone else should make the same decision.

milani

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2008
Ugh... all these people assuming increased capacity isn't a sufficient reason to at least second guess the purchase of an iphone.

To the OP - many people feel it's likely the iphone will see increased capacity in January/February. Take that into consideration.

To everyone else who criticizes people for second guessing this decision - 16 GB compared to 32 GB is a huge difference. $100 might also be worth the wait for some. Don't assume that because you made a certain decision that everyone else should make the same decision.

Why are you mocking my post? I agree with you. I say "ugh" because this is the umpteenth post about this exact topic.

conraddon

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2008
Portland, OR
Yes Yes And Yes

Yes get it now, even if they update some retard on craigslist.com will buy your old one and you can get the new one, that way you don't miss out on months and months of IPhone goodness

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008
Go buy one on Black Friday at Apple. Not sure if the iPhone will be on discount but you never know. The faster you get one, the happier you will be.

Nope. There's no way they are going to discount the iPhone on Black Friday.

It's already subsidized by AT&T.

phaggard

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2007
Why are you mocking my post? I agree with you. I say "ugh" because this is the umpteenth post about this exact topic.

If you are complaining that this topic has been posted the umpteenth time, why do you bother reading it? For a over posted topic, it has at least 17 posts. People should refrain from complaining that some ask stupid questions or don't search first, or ask the same question. I look over the topics in the posts and read the ones that catch my eye or interest. Those that I have seen before and I have no interest in, I just look at the next post. It's real easy.

iWizzard

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2007
One thing I would like is SurePress from blackberry Storm. If something like that would come in January I would wait.

and also Bluetooth would be grate (but that does not require new hardwere)

milani

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2008
If you are complaining that this topic has been posted the umpteenth time, why do you bother reading it? For a over posted topic, it has at least 17 posts. People should refrain from complaining that some ask stupid questions or don't search first, or ask the same question. I look over the topics in the posts and read the ones that catch my eye or interest. Those that I have seen before and I have no interest in, I just look at the next post. It's real easy.

I still answered the guys question didn't I?

jmpage2

macrumors 68040
Sep 14, 2007
I was in the same boat as you, I really wanted 32GB of storage and thought I would just wait until Feb when a 32GB unit will probably launch.

However, my contract was up and I was getting sick of missing out on iPhone feature set so I got it now with the idea that if an all new one comes out July of next year I can sell my phone for close to what I paid for it and get the new one in November next year when they've worked out the bugs and I can get a new phone for $100 above new contract pricing.

svndmvn

Nov 6, 2007
Italy
One thing I would like is SurePress from blackberry Storm. If something like that would come in January I would wait.

I definitely agree about the Bluetooth even if I personally don't and wouldn't use it..I know there are already a few threads about the storm, comparing it to the iPhone, etc, but how does the SurePress function work when typing on the keyboard? I don't think I need the whole trackpad of the new Macbooks to go down, I'm glad the function's there for whoever needs a button, but it most definitely will not be coming to the iPhone

lakaiordie

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2008

uh no. there will never be any surepress for the iphone. thats RIM's thing. the closest thing you might get is haptic feedback through a 3rd party. or a jailbreak app.

Opie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2008

They wont release a new iphone and YES its worth the money.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.