Is it worth buying the ipad mini?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Christian 5G, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Christian 5G macrumors 6502a

Christian 5G

Hi,

Just a little question, is it worth it buying the iPad mini? ( not the price, but the quality of product like the speed.) And as I heard it is downgrading..

I would like the full sized ipad but it is way too big for me..(heavy is the main reason)

The ipad for every day use.

2. stuaz macrumors 6502

Its worth it if you think it is. No one can really answer that for you.

What I can say is that the mini's biggest appeal over its older brother is its size. So if having a small tablet is going to be useful for you then, go for it.

3. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

Only you can decide that. What will you use it for?

4. AR999 macrumors regular

the samsung galaxy pad 7 version 2 plus offers all the same functions at a better price than the mini tbh, it has more ram than the mini will, i work at a tech shop so am famiular with the specs and how to no what tablets best.

5. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Sounds like the Mini is for you.

6. aznsmith macrumors newbie

I'm sure the A5 performance in the mini will be good for the amount of pixels on the screen since the ipad 2 is pretty swift, however, since the mini costs close to what a refurbished ipad 3 retails, it's a tough call. The mini will seem like a feather compared to the ipad 3 or 4; 0.68 lbs vs 1.44 lbs. If you can wait a while, they'll probably slap a retina worthy lcd panel in it, however, I'm not sure if the A6 is capable of handling higher resolution. The A6x will have too much power consumption for the current battery capacity.

7. Scott2345 macrumors regular

Exactly, that's why I chose the iPad 3 refurb for just 50 more you get a superior machine. It's a no brainer.