Is it worth canceling my iPhone Verizon ore order?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by IcedZ, Oct 5, 2012.

1. IcedZ macrumors newbie

I called my apple store and they told me I could order from 10 PM to 4 AM and I might have a chance to get an iPhone as early as tomorrow. Is it worth dropping my ore order through the store? It says shipping the 26th. If I do, I could always try this tonight, if it won't let me do that I'll just go to verizonwireless.com and re pre order and then have it still by the 26. Is it worth a try? Canceling the verizon store preorder and trying the apple overnight method... And if it fails re order on Verizon.com? Is that okay? I want the 32G black Verizon model.

Thanks.

2. Jay724 macrumors member

I believe you have to cancel your order first. I have a preorder with Verizon and When I tried the Apple Reservation it said that I wasn't eligible because I already have an existing preorder with Verizon.

3. IcedZ thread starter macrumors newbie

Right! I was going to go to the Verizon store and cancel the pre order where I placed it. I was then going to wait until 10 tonight to try the overnight thing through apple to see if they have any in the store for tomorrow. If I am unable to do that and it'll tell me right when I try to order it for store pickup. Then immediately ill go to verizonwireless.com and put another order in so I get it by the 26th before all the iPhone 4 Verizon adopters upgrade on the 7 and push the date back more. Get it :)?

4. seenett macrumors regular

Are you on one of the shared data plans? If so, keep your Verizon order and play the Apple Store roulette.

Keep your Verizon order. If it comes before you get one from Apple, fine - but don't cancel.

If you can get one from Apple, then activate it as an additional line to your account. Then go to Verizon, cancel the additional line, and switch it to an upgrade.

5. SilentLoner macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

Thats what I did. Was faultless :) in and out in 30 mins. I'm on a share everything plan.

6. seenett macrumors regular

This is my plan to get my wife on my account (she's AT&T now). I've already placed an order through Verizon to have her number ported when her iPhone finally (if ever?) gets here.

In the mean time, I'm checking w/ Apple every night and checking locally. If I find a phone, I'll activated it as a new phone w/ a new number on my account. Then I'll have Verizon port my wife's number to it and cancel the original order when it's all set up.