Is it worth getting a 2006 Apple display?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Intelligent, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Intelligent macrumors 6502a

Intelligent

Hey, i want to get an apple display, i already have a samsung but it is showing me a very yellow picture, (yes i have tried different cables, settings, calibrate etc.) But is it worth getting a 2006 cinema display? i think we had one back in the time , i don't like that big screens, so i would want to get a 20 inch but now i leaning more towards 23 inch because it has 1900x1200.

2. Curun macrumors 6502

Curun

Getting a used one? 2006 is 8 years ago now...

Backlight might be well aged. I don't know if LED or CCFL at that time. If CCFL I wouldn't touch it. LED... ok but they do still dim overtime.

3. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

I bought one back in December, it looked great when I tested it out in this guys studio and was in perfect condition with the original box. However, when I brought it home I put it next to my Dell IPS LED monitor I realized just how dim the screen was. Mine had a manufacture date of 2006, but it was just so dim I couldn't really tolerate it. Don't get me wrong the color was outstanding, but it was just too dim. Don't waste your money on 8+ year old tech, CCFL is dead.

4. Mr. Retrofire macrumors 601

Mr. Retrofire

+ 1

@the OP: Btw, this site has many useful reviews and shows on some pages the technical background of modern displays:
    http://tftcentral.co.uk

Make sure you buy a display without PWM!