is it worth going to 2.0?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Nadasive, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Nadasive macrumors 6502

hey guys im thinking about whether i should go to firmware 2.0 and jailbreak with my itouch.. but is it worth it?? i herd people say that its not that "stable" and that i should stick with 1.1.4 for now.. ?? Does SMBPrefs and Customize work?
    is there a fwchanger for it too???

2. aosman macrumors 6502

I would recommend staying with 1.1.4 and upgrade when 2.1 is released. It will make the entire experience w/ the user interface much better. At the end, it really is up to you.

3. asskick3r macrumors regular

asskick3r

I would stick with a lower firmware.
    Personally I think 1.1.5 is the most stable... and fastest.
    Plus... it's free.
    I mean sooner or later I will go buy the more stable version of 2.0... like 2.1...
    But in till then... 1.1.5 is the best for me.

4. itzdemo macrumors regular

itzdemo

love 2.0

I had 1.1.4 & 1.1.5. I upgraded to 2.0 and don't see anything wroung with it. People say it's not stable but I haven't seen one problem on my two iPod touches. 2.0 is fast and error free for me. Only thing bad I can say bad for it is it's a pain in the but to use winpwn to jailbreak it. I haven't figerd it out yet.

But with all the apps I seen for 1.1.4 & 5. Are not worth keeping. Onlything I liked about jailbreak is theming the icons and the screen behind them. So far there is no word of a summerboard or custumize that work for 2.0.

And can't find anything that says there working on one.

Would be nice to see these programs become one program for 2.0. But all I can do is hope and wait and see what comes out next.

After upgrading I can't go back the old firmwares becuse of the nice new options 2.0 has. Like the built in screenshots that move to your photos, and the push email is nice.

5. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

I havent had any problems on my 2.0 yet. Everythings working fine thank god.

6. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

7. tecknical macrumors regular

i jailbroke my 2.0 and it seems to be working ok as of now. i heard some people have issues with battery life and random crashes/freezes, etc. i say unless there's a big feature you can't live without then don't get it just yet, wait until they fix all the bugs

8. Nadasive thread starter macrumors 6502

If I do upgrade everything will be deleted, right???

9. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

every thing will be backed up, so you wont lose it

10. Rendition macrumors member

Dude you have to upgrade to 2.0. All the new apps are awesome.

It does crash pretty often in its current build, but it is still worth it I say.

11. Nadasive thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea.. I think ill wait until 2.0 is Stable.. Because i remember upgrading to 1.1.4 when it was first jailbreakable and i have to say it wasnt that great until i got fwchanger... but does 2.0 have a fwchanger?

12. thecrackerjack macrumors member

I upgraded to 2.0 and it wasn't worth the money at all. No big difference except the menus are clunky to flip and some of my touches are not acknowledged.

13. Nadasive thread starter macrumors 6502

you bought yours? i got one for free. I have no clue how but it was in my itunes download one day when i checked...

14. dagored macrumors 65816

You guys are doing something wrong. I JB 3 days ago and everything workd great:

[​IMG]