Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cwazytech

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 7, 2009
Colorado
This question is geared towards those who were not elidgible for the subsidized pricing. Is the upgrade worth it and why?

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
I paid 499.99 and sold my 3G for 350.00. I think it is worth it, this phone is more more enjoyable to use now. It's much faster which quite frankly is reason number one for me, I mean it is just A LOT faster, in everything.

I used to get annoyed with my 3G, as I am VERY impatient, the 3G just lagged in things (sms, browsing, opening menus at times) and I would find myself just.....annoyed.

The speed combined with the new camera functionality and compass(better GPS) make it worth it for me. Have you seen games running on 3GS vs. 3G?

Not to mention I believe the 3GS is going to blossom a bit more with future software updates and apps that take advantage of the new hardware.

Acronym

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2008
I paid 499.99 and sold my 3G for 350.00. I think it is worth it, this phone is more more enjoyable to use now. It's much faster which quite frankly is reason number one for me, I mean it is just A LOT faster, in everything.

I used to get annoyed with my 3G, as I am VERY impatient, the 3G just lagged in things (sms, browsing, opening menus at times) and I would find myself just.....annoyed.

The speed combined with the new camera functionality and compass(better GPS) make it worth it for me. I mean have you seem games running on 3GS vs. 3G?

i paid full buy out price which was 811$ and i am well pleased with it was great for video recording at my nieces birthday loads webpages, apps and more way faster!!!

at first i had buyers remorse but now i am having no regrets all i need to do is sell my 3G

VeNoMiZeD

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2008
San Francisco
I also noticed, no more refreshes on Safari if you switch pages or come back to it at a later time. The Speed alone was worth it for me. I paid the $499 pricing too but sold my 3G for $300 to help out.

Primejimbo

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2008
Around
I been bouncing back and forth if I want to sell my 3G on eBay and I just don't know. I can the 3GS for $499.99 but I really don't want to extend my contract and have the other 2 lines not ending the same as mine, and I'm not paying over 800.00 just not to have my contract extended. That is just WAY too much for a cell phone IMO.

SephirothXR

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2008
Do it if you can sell your current iPhone 3G for about $300+. Try Craigslist, you can easily sell it for $300+ on the website, but watch our for scams and ONLY DO LOCAL, NEVER USE PAYPAL or deal with foreign people. I repeat, never do paypal with craigslist, only do local and you'll get your money. I'm trying to do that currently right now (before I buy a 3GS). If I'm successful, then I'll use the cash and head over to the AT&T store the same day and buy the 3GS and enjoy the speed and cherish the times that I use the video recorder.

JeffreyLloyd

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2008
I been bouncing back and forth if I want to sell my 3G on eBay and I just don't know. I can the 3GS for $499.99 but I really don't want to extend my contract and have the other 2 lines not ending the same as mine, and I'm not paying over 800.00 just not to have my contract extended. That is just WAY too much for a cell phone IMO.

You may be able to sell it for more, faster on craigslist.com.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.