Is it worth it to exchange?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lilmitchmitch, Aug 6, 2008.

1. lilmitchmitch macrumors 6502

I've noticed that both my ringer switch and my lock button are both slightly crooked, but pretty easily distinguishable. And also the bottom right corner of my screen is lower than the chrome (not flush), so when I run my finger across it, my finger catches the chrome.

To me, these are both slightly annoying. One, because I'm a little OCD (but aren't we all) and two, because I paid full retail price! And yes, I do have the AppleCare if that makes a difference.

After reading a few posts about people having to wait for their phone to get exchanged and what not, I'm wondering if it is worth it to do that now. I live 2 hours from the nearest Apple store, but don't mind taking a [half] day trip. I did check online and it says that there are phones available at the store where I would go.

Is it worth it to make an appointment? And will I be "eligible" for an exchange with these minor problems?

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

They should exchange it as it's a defect; rather than going to the Store, call Apple Support and they'll send you a new phone and then you ship the old one back.

3. lilmitchmitch thread starter macrumors 6502

Didn't know I could do that :) And if that one isn't up to my standards (as I've also read that people are exchanging multiple times), can I just do it again? Or bring that one into the Apple Store?

And will they overnight it to me? (Read in a post that they could since I had AppleCare?)

[Thanks for the quick reply btw :D]