Is it worth it to get Applecare?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Luigi239, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Luigi239 macrumors 6502a

I have a first Gen iPod Nano, that is working absolutely perfectly. It's warenty is comming up this summer, and I'm debating Applecare.

Is it really worth getting it? I am probably going to buy a new iPod within the next two years, but until then, I will be using my nano. I don't want to spend the 80$ if I don't have to, but then agian, 80$ that I have is better spending 250$ that I do not have.

2. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Last year, in April, it was coming time to buy AppleCare for my iPod. I didn't know if I wanted to, it was working perfectly. About a day before there was no turning back, the thing crashed and was still covered by the free warranty. I bought AppleCare that day and it has been replaced 4 times since. I say it is worth it.

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

4. CEAbiscuit macrumors 6502a

CEAbiscuit

For an iPod, it's a waste... for any apple laptop, I think it's a must. To many little parts in them laptops! The nano has flash memory, nothing is really moving...

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

i agree. i may yet still get applecare for my macbook but that will be a decison later

6. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

Well if you are going to wait for 2 years till you buy another ipod, I say go for it. Your battery is probably going die in less than a year so you can use Applecare to replace it, plus any other issues. I know I am impressed with Applecare. They sent my nano within a week and they gave me a refurbished one. It looks totally knew though... If you were going to buy a new ipod in a few months, then of course don't buy applecare.

7. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

TDM21

I've purchased Applecare for both my PowerBook and my iPod; and had to use it on both. The hard drive failed on my PowerBook 16 months after I purchase and my iPod's clickwheel screwed up after about 22 months. Most people and places will say that the extended warrenty is a waste of money, but I think its worth having the peace of mind that when your device fails, it can be fixed.