Is it worth it to Jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Bushybrows, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Bushybrows macrumors newbie

I have an 8GB 2G iPod Touch and I am considering jailbreaking my device. The only reason I have not already done so is because sometimes when I run certain apps or other times that are completely random, the sound does not work. I have always been able to re-activate the sound by going to the native clock app and making the duck sound (any sound would work, I just have always picked the duck.)

My worry is that if I do jailbreak my device, and the sound does not work and I can't get it back, what can I do?

If I were to jailbreak I would use blackra1n.

Another note: I have uninstalled the app that I believed to make the sound turn off, turned "sound check" on and restarted the iPod. I haven't had as much trouble with it since.

Is it worth it to Jailbreak?

2. BigKyle macrumors member

i think it really depends on what your looking to do when it jailbroken..

My fiance has a 8gb 3g, and when we lot it up with stuff its extremely slow...

my 3gs is no problem...

but your 2g... idk... if you only putting like a theme or 2 on there and thats it it shoudl be ok

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Your fiance has a 3g iphone or a 3g touch? The 8GB "3g" touch as well as the 2g touches have a slightly faster processor than the 3g iphone, so the difference is important.