Is it worth it to jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kaley, May 19, 2010.

1. kaley macrumors newbie

I've had my 3rd generation iPod touch since December '09. After hearing about jailbreaking I've considered trying it a few times but decided to hold back on it. I've gone this long without jailbreaking and am still very happy with my iPod. Many of my friends have jailbroken devices and were recommending I do it too because "it's easy and you get all the apps free." I still don't think I should do it and I'm fine without it. Is it really worth it?

2. jesterscourt macrumors regular

Emulation and true multi-tasking.

If neither one of those interest you, I don't see a reason to recommend jailbreaking.

3. jlamb0 macrumors member

I have a jailbroken iPhone 3G, and I enjoy the multitasking, theming options, and extra settings. Multitasking and the ability to change the desktop wallpaper are coming in OS 4.0, and at that point the benefits may not be as compelling.

I say go for it, though. You can always restore it to an unjailbroken state if you don't like it.

4. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

personally, i dont think its worth it, but its up to you, cause it can permanently brick your ipod, from what ive heard

you can change the springboard, categorize your apps and get apps from different companies