Is It Worth It To Pay Geek Squad To Put On A Screen Protector?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iphone joe, Apr 4, 2011.

1. iphone joe macrumors regular

iphone joe

What do you all think? Is it worth it or not?

2. threezero macrumors 6502

No. Like 99% of their service its a rip off to the extreme

3. iamartimus macrumors 6502

It there an extra charge to have them put it on? I know I have a hard time getting my sp's on perfectly. Always gotta find that one speck of dust or I end up touching where i'm not supposed to touch and it ends up just not perfect. If they put it on, and if it's not perfect, you can have them do it again until you are satisfied, right?
    Some people can do it, some can't.

4. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

If I were you I'd just head to my local AT&T store, if you find a nice rep they should do it for free.

5. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

Yes, there is an extra charge. But...if they mess it up putting it on, they have to give you another one.

Yes, AT&T will do it for free, but if they mess it up will they give you a new one?

6. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

No, it's not worth it. It's more worth it for you in the long run to put it on yourself so you'll learn how to do it.

7. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

Sorry, I disagree. I am way to picky to do it myself and as I said before: if I mess up, I pay; they mess up, they pay.

8. iamartimus macrumors 6502

Me either. If I had to pay each time I messed up installing a screen protector, I would be broke. No matter how much "practice" I get, if you have shakey hands, or a dusty environment, or bad eyes, or what have you, then it is what it is. Pay someone to do it right.;)

9. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

YOU pay for them to put it on.

It's really not that hard... Watch a few youtube videos on it. I tried my very first one and screwed it up. But after watch a few youtube videos I understood the correct way to put it on. I'm an expert now.

10. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Exactly. It only takes a couple tries at most to get it right. If you need to practice, then just get a couple $0.99 screen protectors from eBay to trial before putting on the brand-name one. It's even cheaper do to this, plus you get the experience.

I mean unless you have Alzheimer's (no offense to anyone) or are legally blind, it's really really not that difficult..

11. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

Yeah it's quite simple. After watching an install video, I felt pretty stupid that I messed it up the first time. Now I can throw them on in a few seconds.

12. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

No! I'll do it for free :)

13. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

AT&T will normally not give you an extra one unless you bought one of their overpriced ones. Also, the AT&T stores in my area won't put on the Zagg or wet installs.

Best Buy, while expensive (I believe it is $10) is worth it for the Zagg. You have 30 days. If there is any imperfection or it gets messed up, they will either reinstall it or replace it.

As for the dry installs, the BB in my area puts those on for free. YMMV but that seemed to be the general consensus. So does the Apple store for what it's worth. You can actually take any screen protector into my local Apple store and they will put it on. They will only replace it if it is the one they sell though, but I have never seen them mess up. The PS Anti-glare is what they carry.

I will say, I have used BB for the Zagg and it was a good service. It peeled up 2 weeks later and they gave me a full refund. I usually put on my own but I wasn't sure what the Zagg was going to look like since all the fake reviews on youtube went on about how great it was and looked. It looked and felt like crap but this was the easiest way I could make sure I could get a refund if it sucked.

14. BadMoon macrumors 6502

Sorry, I disagree. It's not hard to install. If you have issues installing one of these paying someone to do it should be the least of your concerns. :D

15. oakie macrumors 6502

oakie

you meant to say "parkinsons."

with alzheimer's you'd just forget you had put one on already.

16. hildey macrumors newbie

hahaha i could see alzheimer's being a problem as well since you'd probably end up putting several screen protectors on

17. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

But doesn't it cost more to pay them to do it than it would cost to buy a second screen protector?

I dunno, I'm just guessing but I'd be shocked if that wasn't true.

18. freyjarocks macrumors newbie

I know thus thread is from 2011, but for anyone wondering if they should do the service, they should. I just got it today on my iPhone 5s. You had to pay for the screen protector but you only had to pay $7.99 for the Geek Squad to put it on.

19. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Get Tech Armors:) You pay once and if you mess up you get free replacements again and again forever.

20. i-Fan2013 macrumors newbie

i would say try tuffskinz on amazon uk

try them one of the best... they supply you accessories with which there is no way you can go wrong putting it on