Is it worth it to update to 4.3.3?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by joshwithachance, May 8, 2011.

1. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

Beside the location bug, are there any other improvements over 4.3.2?

2. TooSmooth macrumors member

It is an update in which features were just removed, not added. No real point in updating.

3. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

Not really, unless you are jailbroken. They just fixed a small bug that helps with battery life a bit and I think the fix was only released for 4.3.3. Maybe it was only present on 4.3.3, not sure.

4. Eduardo1971 macrumors 65816

Eduardo1971

My white IPhone 4 came preloaded with 4.3.2.
    There does not appear to be any compelling reason (for me) to move up to the 4.3.3.

5. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

location bug? you mean the software they wrote that did exactly what they wanted it to? that's not really the definition of the term "bug"... people are latching on to the term "bug" like apple is really doing us a favor squashing this thing they had no idea about and didn't know what it was doing.

6. Krandor macrumors 6502

It was supposed to store data but not for as long as it was storing it. So storing data for too long does qualify as a bug.

7. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

There is marginal battery life improvement in 4.3.3 since it is not logging so much data (the GPS is tough on the battery) Other than that there is nothing new or improved. Also there have been no published security fixes I know of.

8. deraj090 macrumors regular

I was forced into a 4.3.3 update, since I went in for some battery life troubleshooting. Turns out my battery is "healthy". Bulls*&%.

9. AWallen90 macrumors 6502

I regret the update. I cycle, I normally take the same route but log the ride. Since the upgrade the GPS takes quite a bit longer to start tracking my location. It could be a different factor but I dislike the update if that's the causality factor.