Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Future-Proof

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 29, 2018
Is it Worth it to upgrade from an 8 Plus to an iPhone 11 or should I wait for the 12?

Also my battery is at 86%. what happens when it reaches 80%?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Also my battery is at 86%. what happens when it reaches 80%?

What’s your battery rated at 86% compared to what?....As in are you using the iPhone measurement or coconut battery? 80% is the threshold for replacement/Apples regulation.

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
Due to a good trade in/port in deal with AT&T, I got the Pro Max on January 14th.

Looking at this COVID-19 issue, I'm glad I did. It's a good device I got $700 off of. 5G was of zero importance to me.

Really it's up to you.

motulist

macrumors 601
Dec 2, 2003
Does your current phone do pretty much everything you want on a regular basis? If yes then keep your current phone. If not then decide if the money you'd spend on a new phone is the thing you'd most like to do with that amount of money, as opposed to spending that same money on a nice vacation or car mod or whatever else you're into.

Reactions: arefbe

ilikewhey

macrumors 68040
May 14, 2014
nyc upper east
Idk why you guys knocking on the 11 and telling op to get the pro max, for 500 bucks more you only getting oled and another camera which doesn’t even have night mode on it.
I Upgraded from 8 plus to 11 and the form factor is easier to hold, I’m getting way better battery, and the camera upgrade is a nice touch, I don’t miss the oled from my work phone x, the black could be blacker but that’s about it

Reactions: motulist

MarkX

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2015
Fochabers, Scotland
Idk why you guys knocking on the 11 and telling op to get the pro max, for 500 bucks more you only getting oled and another camera which doesn’t even have night mode on it.
I Upgraded from 8 plus to 11 and the form factor is easier to hold, I’m getting way better battery, and the camera upgrade is a nice touch, I don’t miss the oled from my work phone x, the black could be blacker but that’s about it

The 11 is a fantastic phone.

Reactions: nill1234

ChuckBrown_65

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2020
New york
Is it a bragging right to have an iPhone 11 Pro Max because it’s a ‘craigslist phone’ then?

They are all sold secondhand at some point so to me that’s a silly comment.

let it be silly, it’s called Around my state the “Craigslist Iphone” because it’s already cheap, like the low ballers that offer “200$ cash, I buy right now” when your phone is brand new and still costs over $700

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
let it be silly, it’s called Around my state the “Craigslist Iphone” because it’s already cheap, like the low ballers that offer “200$ cash, I buy right now” when your phone is brand new and still costs over $700

I’ll be honest I don’t know what a ‘low baller’ is or what your sentence is trying to explain?

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa

No point in someone getting a Pro Max if they don’t even need/want what it offers.

The 11 Pro Max is a heavy, cumbersome and expensive phone for many I love it for its size and heft but the iPhone 11 has a lot of what it has at a lower price and easier to handle chassis for most people.

jimmy_uk

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2015
UK
I just googled it too and it’s appears to be American slang specifically linked to Craigslist. Neither of which are used in my country so no wonder I was confused.
You've never heard the term "lowball"?

Conutz

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2014
Joburg
‘low baller’
One with an elongated scrotum? ;)

Having said that, go for the 11, it’s a great phone. Pro models come at a premium for features you likely don’t want/aren’t interested in. I went from a 7+ to an 11 and am very happy. Almost 50% more for a Pro...not worth it in my view, jeez, the difference is almost an iPad!

Last edited:
Reactions: The-Real-Deal82

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I’d get the 11 pro max, not the regular 11... the “craigslist iPhone”

So in translation, you’re basically saying that nobody wants the iPhone 11 because it’s the ‘cheaper/entry-level ‘model, but yet, the irony is, it’s actually Apple’s most popular model due to the price point and it’s highly competitive against the pro in terms of features. why doesn’t have to opt for the most expensive iPhone to still have a similar experience aside from the tri-camera being a major differential.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
I love my 11. I also loved my 8+ - great phone. Overall I like the size of the 11, and I really love the camera and the battery life on this thing. The camera is fantastic as well.

I tried the XS Max and had issues with the OLED so I wound up returning - didn’t even try with the 11 pro max because of that. Honestly, for the money, I don’t think the differences are necessarily worth it (to ME - my opinion only), but I am sure if I had no issues with OLED I would’ve kept the pro - I really wanted the bigger phone. That said, I think the display on the 11 looks pretty darn great, and I have zero issues with it.

Six0Four

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2020

if the 11 is a "craigslist phone" what do you call the 7, 8 & XR ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.