Is it worth it? (top case to the right side is slightly curved)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by macintoshSL, Mar 26, 2008.

1. macintoshSL macrumors member

macintoshSL

I just recently bought a 2.4 macbook and after a few days of use, I noticed that when the lappy is closed, the top case to the right side is slightly curved. This doesn't really bother me to much but it would be nice to have a stright laptop for the $1300 i paid for it. I don't think you can see it in the pictures below because you cant really compare but as you can see, towards the center there is a larger gap. Is it worth it the trip to my local apple store and get a replacemet?

Attached Files:

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Does is do it on both sides? Apple Care doesn't cover cosmetic issues, as this is, but I wouln't worry about it, seems normal to me.

TEG

3. macintoshSL thread starter macrumors member

macintoshSL

Thanks for the speedy reply, no its only on the right side.

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Give Apple a call...

or just swing by the Apple Store and have them look at it. It maybe "cosmetic" but they should make it right. After all, it is Brand New and it looks like they should replace it or make the adjustment to meet your expectations. :cool:

5. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Isn't this just a case of the magnets holding down the two strips of plastic at either ends?

6. MacDaddy08 macrumors regular

MacDaddy08

My personal oppinion is that I just bought a brand new Macbook and it is not cosmetically "perfect," as long as I didn't do anything to it I would be taking it to the Apple store to have them make it "perfect." If anything is going to be wrong with it, you want to be the one that does it right? If they say its not covered, complain for a while about how you just noticed it and you bought it brand new. They will eventually give in. It always works.

7. Thetics macrumors regular

Yeah but if you just bought a brand new laptop and its crooked.. apple care WILL cover it.

8. Stokes macrumors regular

I can't see it..

And, I'm not OCD enough for it to bother me, even if I could, but YMMV.

I personally woldn't make the trip to visit a 'Genius' for a minor issue, but I also wouldn't think about it more than just once, let alone lay awake at night thinking about it.

9. macintoshSL thread starter macrumors member

macintoshSL

yea, i hardly even notice it... only when i really look at it, but i don't think ill go through the trouble. btw, do moderators automatically change the thread titles if they are not get enough posts? My thread was originally "Is it worth it?"

10. izibo macrumors 6502

smart man... life is to short to be constantly stressed over the REALLY little things.

11. Nichod macrumors regular

They might. We have a good group of moderators here.