Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

icsd08063

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2014
Greece
(To begin with, the obvious answer is no)

So, here's my thoughts. I have the MacBook of my signature (mid or late 2014), bought on October 2014 from NY. I am planning a trip to Toronto, Canada in May and i thought that maybe i could sell this one and go for a same model, just 2016 version (early or mid 2016 i guess?).

And of course, the obvious answer is no. Almost nothing more to gain from this transition.
I am thinking that i could sell my MacBook fairly easilly here in Greece for about 1,300 - 1400 euros and go for the new one.

Bu please allow me to make one, more critical question for now. Are there any known issues with the current MacBook?
What i mean is that i have never had any problems with my current MacBook, even though i have not used it as much as i wanted (yeah, that desktop..). If i take the step and go for the new one, i have to be pretty sure that things will go right.

So, any help for me?
Thanks in advance!

Channan

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2012
New Orleans
Unless Apple introduces a new design or killer feature when they update the MacBook Pro line this year, there's definitely no reason for you to upgrade other than to say you have the latest model.

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
(To begin with, the obvious answer is no)

So, here's my thoughts. I have the MacBook of my signature (mid or late 2014), bought on October 2014 from NY. I am planning a trip to Toronto, Canada in May and i thought that maybe i could sell this one and go for a same model, just 2016 version (early or mid 2016 i guess?).

And of course, the obvious answer is no. Almost nothing more to gain from this transition.
I am thinking that i could sell my MacBook fairly easilly here in Greece for about 1,300 - 1400 euros and go for the new one.

Bu please allow me to make one, more critical question for now. Are there any known issues with the current MacBook?
What i mean is that i have never had any problems with my current MacBook, even though i have not used it as much as i wanted (yeah, that desktop..). If i take the step and go for the new one, i have to be pretty sure that things will go right.

So, any help for me?
Thanks in advance!
The performance difference is negligible(borderlining on inexistant), especially on 13" models. I don't see why you'd even go through the trouble.

Are you just craving a newer computer for the sake of having a newer computer?

duervo

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2011
That depends on what changes, design specifically, Apple makes with the next one they announce, and even then only you can decide if those changes are "good enough" to warrant doing what you're considering.

If there's no design change, and it's just a CPU upgrade (and maybe GPU as well) then I wouldn't bother.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.