Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by milszils, Sep 16, 2007.

1. milszils macrumors member

If I can get someone to get me a Touch from the states is it worth risking getting a bad one and not being able to return. should i get it in the states at a later date or spend an extra £70 ($140) when it comes to the uk?

2. grafikat macrumors 6502a

grafikat

no.

Seriously, I would wait, unless you have a good friend in the US that would be willing to ship back and forth if there was an issue...which would eat up any savings you might get.

3. eddee macrumors newbie

I advise you to just wait and try one out for yourself first. That's a big risk..

4. milszils thread starter macrumors member

i may have to wait ages though and i have already waited for the touchscreen ipod since last year when it was rumored at macworld 06. if i did get it and apple did a recall or something could i take it to the london store?

5. dextertangocci macrumors 68000

Yes you can. iPods carry an international warranty.

You could ask your friend to open it for you and test it out.:)

6. milszils thread starter macrumors member

but that spoils the fun for me - plus he probably wouldn't realise. if i do get it though - and it is bad will the store in england change it if they arent even selling it yet?

7. dextertangocci macrumors 68000

Yes. Or at least they will send it send it for "repair" (meaning it just takes a few days for them to get you a new one) :)