is it worth jailbreaking 1.1.2 touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cheekybobcat, Dec 30, 2007.

1. cheekybobcat macrumors 6502a

cheekybobcat

I just updated my firmware because I had to restore my iPod Touch and it automatically updated it. I was thinking about jailbreaking it again but I might get the iPhone within the next year so is it worth it?

2. quicklook2 macrumors 6502

quicklook2

it is only a question only you yourself can answer.

3. cheekybobcat thread starter macrumors 6502a

cheekybobcat

I know that its ultimatly my choice but I just wanted some input....
    :/

4. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

well it took me all of about 30 minutes to get my stock ipod jailbroken and full of all the apps i wanted so I don't see why getting an iPhone a few months from now would stop you from spending a bit of time jailbreaking it now. IMHO the iPod Touch is not worth a purchase unless you plan to jailbreak.

5. legacyb4 macrumors 6502

Agreed. 30 minutes for several months of use, especially since restoring (before selling, for example) is rather effortless.

6. cheekybobcat thread starter macrumors 6502a

cheekybobcat

I think that i am going to jailbreak it but im going to have to disagree with it not being worth it without jailbreaking. It's like buying a 16gb (i have no idea who the hell would buy one that small or if they even make one that small) external harddrive that you can go on the internet with, watch movies/tv shows, listen to music with and be able to carry it in your pocket. its a great buy i think; even without jailbreak