Is it worth saving for a 2006/7 macbook or imac

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by AppleRus, Aug 10, 2014.

1. AppleRus macrumors newbie

AppleRus

i dont really know if i should put my money towards one or not ?? is it worth it will it still be capable of everyday stuff like internet youtube itunes etc is gonna be really slow or not ?? just wondering as i adore the them ones ones:rolleyes: but im going to need one for stuff like studies and stuff:)i cant really spend my money on a more later one as they are to expensive ! what do you think ?! :D:apple:

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The 2007 Macbooks are sadly nearing the end of their life. They can only run up to 10.7 and are limited by their underpowered Intell GMA GPUs. The 2007 iMacs are still fairly able and can run 10.10 well. They aren't overly good for modern games or intense computational tasks, but they do work well and are cheap. If you do want one, I'd suggest a 2007 iMac. They still have a few years of life left in them.

3. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

The Intel GMA integrated graphics is what kills them. The iMacs are well worth the money so long as they are a decent aluminum one.

4. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Is there any reason you wouldn't want to go for a Mac Mini other than it not including the screen? You could find a more recent model of those for a nice price.

5. AppleRus thread starter macrumors newbie

AppleRus

yeah i have one, i just kinda miss an all in one i guess?

6. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

You can get a Macbook 7,1 for $300-450 on ebay. Put 4-8GB of memory and an SSD in it and it should last at least 4 years barring accidents.